3.4-3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4-3.8

to do the switch between a 3.4 and a 3.8 what would i need. transmission motormounts?? computer stuff??
    3.4 white 95 firebird<br />K&N air filter <br />dynomax muffler

why are you doing that?
    2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

i actually priced that it's the same price as a lt1 swap
      My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

just kinda curious to see how expensive it is i might wanna do it

Comment

i was also thinking about doing that swap but i decided against. you figure we could swap for a 3.8 and gain 40hp but when you swap an lt1 you get like 60-100 gain(not totally sure what specs are for lt1). i want to look around over the summer and get the whole drivetrain out of an V8 camaro and get the motor,6speed, and rear and all the other little goodies we need for the swap.
          1996 Chevy Camaro SS<br />#67 of 2,410 made that year with the slp package<br />Street Lethal Fbody Association Member<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html</a>

Comment

yea i understand all that stuff and i appreciate the responses but......what do i need I know i need and engine does the same trans work??? what about computer stuff? theoretically what do i need? thanks for all your help [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

if ya have a auto trany,you can use it,but an lt1 will smash a t-5 to bits
              Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

The cool thing about doing a 3.4-3.8 swap is that any DEQ problems you might run into with an LT1 you won't have with a 3.8 for starters (talking out of my as$ on that one). You don't need to change your fuel lines that I'm aware of. Your original radiator should also be able to stay. Are the motor mounts different? You don't have to change suspension components to make up for any additional weight because the engines are so close it doesn't matter. Trannys should bolt right up so you don't need a tranny... just the engine. I think this is a pretty thrifty swap if you can find the engine at a good price. look at 12secondV6 and a couple other guys.... they can be built to run with the big boys and still retain fuel economy and driveablility. I say go for it if you can do it cheaper then an LT1 swap! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] PCM needs changed but your speedo and all that should be fine so wow... great idea!
                1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

cool maybe a project for this summer. any other concerns??? my car has over 160,000 miles on it its a 95 so hmmmmmm not too bad of an idea. cause i love my car to death. this could be a good idea

Comment

I am not sure why you want to do this but my personal preference is the 3.4 over the 3.8. It has a much better sound to it and the 3.8 feels like a mini van engine...
                    1994, 3.4, 3.23, Dark Green<br />74,000 Miles as of 05/15/02<br />Have had tons of problems but still<br />love the darn thing,,,,

Comment

40 horsepower sounds good to me thats why and i'll need a new engine in a couple years anyways

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gregg Thompson:
                        It has a much better sound to it and the 3.8 feels like a mini van engine...<hr></blockquote>

Bwahahahaha [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] :rolleyes:
                        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                          by ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                          1 week ago
                        • RPDRed6
                          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                          by RPDRed6
                          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • ssms5411
                          No start problem
                          by ssms5411
                          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X