wires from camshaft sensor 3.4 liter v6??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wires from camshaft sensor 3.4 liter v6???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wires from camshaft sensor 3.4 liter v6???

Well today I was looking at this sensor, found it and all, but it only has 1 green wire comming out of the connector. Is this right? I have no idea if it is or not. I also checked vaccum lines and couldn't find one leaking or hear anything.

Please let me know about the camshaft position sensor and how many wires should run to it.

Thanks,
    Chris

look by the water outlet, on the block . There are two wires coming from it, 1 bolt holding it down, & no protrusion from the block. Aint it amazin' the things you find when doing an engine swap, especially w/parts you caint use ;)

[ May 16, 2002: Message edited by: 2.8 slow to go ]</p>
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

So if mine has 1 green wire then something is wrong with the connector right?

Comment

correct. sounds like you found the knock sensor or maybe oil press sending unit or something. cam sensor will have at least 2 wires.
        ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X