High milage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High milage

I'm sure that this is a little out of place, but for a lot of us, our cars are getting old. And if your car is a daily driver like mine, the miles just keep adding up. I just hit 120,000 miles and I was kinda wondering where everyone's car was on the odometer and what kind of MAJOR troubles they have had so we with high milage cars might know what to expect as our babies get older.
    1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

137K miles, no major problems, just alot of TLC.
    94 Camaro AT 3.4L<br />Still working on something worth posting.

Comment

just hit 78,200, my next oil change is in 600 miles. I think I need a tune up soon, but everything else works great. Still have power.
      2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

Just rolled off 100,000 the other day, no major problems that I didn't cause myself by screwing with something that I shouldn't have [img]smile.gif[/img]
        -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

I have 77,611 miles on my '97 and haven't had any problems whatsoever. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/6330/VicCamaro.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>*1997 Silver Camaro A4/3.08*</b></a><br /><b>Best 1/4</b>(December 17, 2003)<br />Race weight: 3580lbs w/driver <br />RT: .396 1/4: 14.93 60\': 2.08 MPH: 89.73<br /><b>Mods</b><br />&gt;Flowmaster 80 muffler (muffler only) &gt;Homemade cold air with K&N 1000cfm cone filter &gt;Trans-go Shift Kit &gt;2400-2600 TCI converter<p><b>*1969 Camaro SS*</b><br />*502ci (92-octane pump gas)<br />*2-speed powerglide<br /><b>Best 1/4:</b>1.34 60ft 9.78@138.12mph (Aug 16, 2003)

Comment

I have 90499 exactly and just a bad water pump and EGR valve since I've had it.
            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

136K as of yesterday.

Only problem I've had was the crank sensor broke off and chewed my harmonic balancer up. Didn't stop the car from running though.

Comment

Mine has 125k. The only problem is a leak in the hatch area during heavy rain. Now my carpet stinks and needs to be replaced. Runs fine otherwise.

Since I have had to start removing the carpet, I have been installing Brown Bread to reduce the interior noise. Works great.

[ May 16, 2002: Message edited by: ssbauer ]</p>
                <b>Cheers!</b><br />Scott<br />1994 Camaro 3.4L V6<br />Flows, Underdrive Pulley, and a 180 Thermo

Comment

My thing was that motor trend magazine did a thing on used cars like last month or two and said that the 4th gen F-Bods had reliablity issues. Granted they are obese sports cars, but I have had no troubles. There was the rear main seal went out at 50,000, but that was before me, nothing since though.
                  1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

76K and tons of problems but still love the car! I seem to be the only one that has had lots of problems. Maybe I baby the car too much. Actually my wife drove it for a few years and only drove it like 3000 a year around town and I think its happier now that I am putting 14000 on it a year on the highway. I really think it broke a lot from the driving conditions....
                    1994, 3.4, 3.23, Dark Green<br />74,000 Miles as of 05/15/02<br />Have had tons of problems but still<br />love the darn thing,,,,

Comment

78k, rear main seal (oil leak, was thought to be oil pan gasket at first), clutch, that's all.

Probably need another clutch someday before the whole thing catches fire ...

No problems doesn't mean I haven't been upgrading.

And I slid in the rain once.

-Rob
                      <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Just hit 93000 last night [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
                        oh well, ....

Vacuum leak, Oil leak nothing really major ...
                        but i only had this car since 70k miles... the prior owner "claimed" no repairs... so....
                        <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

tranny needs rebuilt as of today,

All of these got fixed with engine rebukd

rear main, valve seals, valve covers gaskets, oil pan gaskets, rods, cam, windshield, lights went bad (common) Dash, mounts, egr, um turn signal lever thinging shocks (virbtaion still)

after engine rebuild still have Vibration AHHHHHHH and rear cam cover leaking
                          My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

39,241 miles

crank sensor replaced at 8,000
                            plug wires and plugs went bad at 30,000
                            it appears i have a rear seal leaking

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pvtschultz:
                              My thing was that motor trend magazine did a thing on used cars like last month or two and said that the 4th gen F-Bods had reliablity issues. Granted they are obese sports cars, but I have had no troubles. There was the rear main seal went out at 50,000, but that was before me, nothing since though.<hr></blockquote>

Really? what was on the cover of the issue?

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                              1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X