air conditioner trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air conditioner trouble

About a year ago I noticed my a/c making a sort of whining noise after having it on for an extended period and then it would go away. I'd forgot about it after the weather cooled off. Now that it's getting hot again I've been using it more and it's still doing it. Also I'm noticing what sounds like a grinding or rattling noise from my exhaust I think. Any thoughts on this? Btw, I think the a/c whine started before I even began modifying the exhaust so I don't think that has anything to do with it.
    SLP C.A.I./Whisper Lid<br />K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 50 series Exhaust<br />Catco 3\" high-flow cat w/<br />2.5\" I-pipe<br />Hurst Billet Shifter w/<br />Lou\'s short stick

i dont know about the a/c and exhaust together. but maybe its coming from the a/c blower motor on the firewall just above the pipe that goes under your car making it seem the noise is coming from your exhaust. the blower motor could have a bearing going in it. mine made a noise like that too. i replaced the motor and no noise.
    86 PONT FIREBIRD (334 PROJECT)<br />87 PONT FIREBIRD 2.8 SLP STAINLESS EXHAUST, K+N OPEN AIR INDUCTION, 8MM WIRES, BOSCH PLATINUM PLUGS, HIGH VOLTAGE ALTERNATOR, CHIP, SOON TO HAVE PORTED PLENUM AND THROTTLE BODY, ADJUSTABLE FUEL REGULATOR. SHES A 2.8 BUT SHE RUNS.

Comment

Also check the Blen-door inside the air conditioning unit. I had a Blazer that would make this awful whinning then knocking noise.
      <a href=\"http://alternatebw.homestead.com/files/cam19.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Camaro 3800II Y87 A4</a> (SOLD)<p>NEW CAR:<br />2003 Ford Mustang

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X