AC not working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC not working...

My ac has been blowing hot for about a year now, when I took it to my mechanic he said it was my pcm and it was not sending the signal to the compressor to turn it on so he told me to replace it, well I bought a pcm (used) and put it in and it still blows hot, or the same temp as the outside air.

Any help?
    1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

the wiring diagram i have isnt clear about the connection from the pcm to the compressor. i would imagine the pcm drives a relay which activates the clutch on the compressor. pretty sure its was that way on the 3.4 motors.

check the fuse box under the hood for something labeled a/c relay. swap with another relay (assuming there is one) and see if your problem moves.

if the pcm isnt sending a signal to the relay it has a reason. could be the low pressure switch sending a false reading to the pcm.

if the above doesnt help, you might need to find a better wiring diagram (the dealership would probably be helpful about that bit) and track down the signals into the pcm (a/c request and low pressure) out from the pcm (compressor relay to clutch).

Comment

found the diagram i was looking for (yes, this ended in a preposition -- sue me). in the underhood electrical center there should be a fuse #12 (should be 15A). this provides power to the a/c compressor relay (also in the electrical center i believe) and cruise control. check the fuse. swap relay with nearby relay (i think the starter relay is the same type).

Comment

if your ac system is low on refridgerent, it will not turn the system on.. thus blowing hot air all the time..

~Billy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X