3.8L A/C Delete serpentine belt info. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.8L A/C Delete serpentine belt info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m having trouble getting the A/C compressor and mounting bracket out, will try it again this week. Jacking it up to see where it’s catching on something. If I can’t get it out my mechanic friend said he’d come up next weekend and help me.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Good luck. Post pics Steve.

Comment

So his little one had a cold, so he’s coming up this weekend to help me, was going to jack it up and take a look but back was bothering me. Will post pics when it’s out.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got it out the compressor and condenser, will post pics tomorrow when there’s more daylight.

Comment

Also after he took the A/C components out he went through my boxes of turbo stuff asking questions and I showed him videos and stuff of the turbo kit installed and he said he could do it the first of the new year, wants me to drive it to him down in Phoenix which I guess it would be alright. Will have to tune it before coming back up the 11 mile mountain. Go from 2k to 5k da in 11 miles. I’m excited.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	39243844-C7B8-47F0-BA01-831EC905C82B.jpeg
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	1577582

Comment

A lot more room going to zip tie and loom my wires up, might break out the pressure washer and clean up the engine.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 09-05-2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Nice! I'm jealous of the tubular k-member.

Comment

Originally posted by v6buick View Post
                    Nice! I'm jealous of the tubular k-member.
                    Yeah , it gives you a lot more room.

Comment

Hey v6buick , are you running a turbo kit?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3600.jpeg
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1579428

my final AC delete routing
                        hopefully this setup works as I haven’t tested yet

Comment

You can ditch the ribbed idler and bracket and use a ribbed pulley on the tensioner. My pic is posted above in this thread. V6Buick posted on it and works well. The belt should be 80”s after that unless you run a high output alternator then it’s 79”s. So you can pull the A/C and bracket with the idler.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                            You can ditch the ribbed idler and bracket and use a ribbed pulley on the tensioner. My pic is posted above in this thread. V6Buick posted on it and works well. The belt should be 80”s after that unless you run a high output alternator then it’s 79”s. So you can pull the A/C and bracket with the idler.
                            I’ll let you know
                            im running a 82” belt with this setup, no problems with clearance

Comment

You’ll have more room and one less idler pulley the other way. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                                Exploding starters
                                by Kubes
                                Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                                i bought this car a couple...
                                6 days ago
                              • 2.8 Bird
                                Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Found some led reverse bulbs
                                by ssms5411
                                My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • Fruitgrower231
                                Having some electrical issues
                                by Fruitgrower231
                                95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • SixShooter'00Camaro
                                OG’s check in!
                                by SixShooter'00Camaro
                                Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X