OBDII, mine doesnt work????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBDII, mine doesnt work????

i went to autozone to get my SES light code pulled, they said that my plug under my steering wheel isnt hooked up, is there anything i can do on my own to fix it, or has anyone else had this problem??? [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
    Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

Try somewhere else? They might have been connecting with the wrong gateway? I dunno ... check fuses ... darn thing should be hooked up.
    Make sure you're a 95 (or 96?) or newer, as those have OBD-II. OBD-I has a similar plug, but no II interface.
    -Rob
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

ive got a 95 3.4
      Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

Comment

Yeah you don't have obd2 you have obd1 they can't pull them. It takes a special thing to pull the codes. Take it to a mechanic they can do it. I know you are gonna say but I have the obd2 connector so do I but we have the obd1 computer.
        1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

For OBD-I, short the correct pins, and the SES light will flash 20-whatever times, displaying the code for you. If you can't do that, go to Autozone and buy the $20 OBD-I reader (II's are 10x that), which does it for you, and can probably reset.
          -Rob
          <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

so autozone wont pull the obdI codes??? so i have to buy one????

Comment

Hmm funny dealership says 94 and 95's are obd2's
              I thought
              My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

whatever dealership said that is wrong, it is obd1 for 6's & 8's of those years...
                2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

Ask them to pull your codes as an OBD-I computer. If they can't or refuse, grab a paperclip, or buy the OBD-I code reader / clearer for like $20 (?), and you'll have it for yourself. But I really thought you just shorted (connect w/ paperclip) two pins, and the light would flash the code.
                  -Rob

Comment

hay i have a 95 3.4 as well and i have played hell pulling hte codes. what 2 pins do you short to get the codes. plz reply

Comment

The $20 code puller will not work on 3.4l cars. Nor does jumping the pins. I don't know why but there is a reason.
                      Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

Supposedly, you can short pin A & B(?) and codes will flash. It sure didn't work for me. I had to take it to a mechanic to pull and clear codes. That $20 code puller from Autozone is an expensive paperclip. ;)
                        \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wicked 3800 V6:
                          For OBD-I, short the correct pins, and the SES light will flash 20-whatever times, displaying the code for you. If you can't do that, go to Autozone and buy the $20 OBD-I reader (II's are 10x that), which does it for you, and can probably reset.
                          -Rob
                          <hr></blockquote>

The $20 code readers will only work on cars that came from certain factories from what I understand. I have one and it won't work on my 94 or my friends 95.

Comment

im getting mixed reactions!!!!, anyone with a 95 3.4, how did u exactly get your codes pulled????

Comment

Lets make this real simple. If your ALDL connector is a RECTANGLE shape, it's an OBD1 style connector and the paperclip trick WILL WORK.

If your ALDL connector is a TRAPEZOID shape, it's an OBD2 style connector (regardless of weather it's an OBD1 or OBD2 ECM)and the paperclip trick WILL NOT WORK.

]

[ April 11, 2002: Message edited by: Dan90RS ]</p>
                              Dan<br />1990 RS 170,000 miles<br />3.4L collecting dust<br />700R4-to-T5 swap completed on Dec. 13, 2002

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X