Windshield washer sprayer jet thingies - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windshield washer sprayer jet thingies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield washer sprayer jet thingies

Sorry, I don't know what they're called [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] . Anyways, whatever they're called, they're the black things that spray washer fluid on the windshield when you push the lever that says "push," or something like that. Well, the driver side one seems a bit happy (or just too much pressure there :D ) and it can cover the entire car from the jet all the way to the back of the rear hatch. The passenger side one doesn't mist like the driver side. It is like a stream (imagine turning on a water hose, but not very high pressure) and it only goes like 5 or 6 inches. I traced the line that goes to them and I dont' see any cuts/cracks or anything like that. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Rob
    <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Sounds like the passenger side nozzle is a bit clogged, which is upping the pressure the driver's side sees.

Try disconnecting the hose from the passenger nozzle, and trying to blow some compressed air or water backwards through the nozzle. Also run the washer with the nozzle disconnected to make sure the line is clear, won't harm to flush it out a bit.

Otherwise, you might need to replace the passenger nozzle if it doesn't flow more freely.

-Jeff
    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

How would I go about removing the jet? I'm sure if I look at it durring the day I'll see how, but it's almost 10 pm and it's way too dark to be looking at stuff like that.
      <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Comment

Dark here in Arizona too. If you can't figure it out tomorrow, I'll take a look and post when I get back from work.

-Jeff
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X