y87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• y87

what is y87 anyway. i dont know and cant figure it out.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/kamelean50\" target=\"_blank\">My Car, A Honda</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.kyhorsepower.com\" target=\"_blank\">KY Horsepower</a>

Y87 Performance Package includes Zexel-Torsen® limited slip differential, fast-ratio power steering, dual-outlet exhaust & 3.42 rear gears

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Camarobabe ]</p>
    2001 Camaro Y87 A4<br />Arctic White<br /><a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarobabe\" target=\"_blank\">my car</a>

Comment

"The Y87 Performance Package was available on Camaro Coupe, RS, and Firebird, which consisted of four-wheel disc brakes, 3.42 axle ratio and the sportier suspension components that the V8s received. "

http://members.optushome.com.au/ozfb...gen/4thgen.htm
      2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
      Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Anyone who is fortunate enough to have the Y87 package on your car, consider yourself VERY lucky!
        1996 Camaro RS Bright Red<br />3.8L V6 A4 3.42\'s<br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler<br />Y87 Performance Package

Comment

Y87 Manual transmission F-bodies came with 3.23 gears. Only automatic transmissions recieved 3.42's.
          <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Some 2000+ cars didn't come with the Y87 code on the door, but had all of the Y87 options. :cool:
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

"Some 2000+ cars didn't come with the Y87 code on the door, but had all of the Y87 options"

wha? in da fluck are u talking about man

~Billy

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
                [QB

wha? in da fluck are u talking about man

~Billy[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Some cars came from the factory with gears and LSD without getting the Y87 code.
                2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kamelean:
                  what is y87 anyway. i dont know and cant figure it out. <hr></blockquote>

For all of the info check out the Technical Database.
                  2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SixBanger:
                    Anyone who is fortunate enough to have the Y87 package on your car, consider yourself VERY lucky!<hr></blockquote>

:D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Anyone who is fortunate enough to have the Y87 package on your car, consider yourself VERY lucky! <hr></blockquote>

:D It has nothing to do with luck...I ordered it that way!! :cool:
                      2002 Camaro V6, M5, Black, T-tops, Y87, Monsoon, and Leather!<br />**Current Mods** : Wisper Lid, Hurst Billet Shifter, Free CAI.

Comment

I have the Y87!!!!!
                        Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

95-97 Y87 "performance package" option got you rear discs, a posi differential, A4's got 3.42's and M5's just got limited slip(posi) for their 3.23's, uplevel V8 steering, and dual exaust

98-02 Y87 "performance package" option got you everything minus the rear discs b/c they became standard equipment(V6's and V8 both have the Bosch 4 Disc setup)

*** Note Many V6 NON-Y87 F-bodies built in 2000-2002 did come with a limited slip rearend or in A4's an separate RPO option upgrade to 3.42's with limited slip(posi)

*** Also note that Y87 cars still retain the same sway bars, shocks, springs, and torque converters as all other stock V6's
                          1999 Camaro Hugger Orange 3800 A4 <p>Mods-SLP SS exhaust, K&N, SLP STB, SLP SFCS, 1LE Sway Bars(32/19), 99 C5 Wheels on 255/45ZR17\'s-17\'s on all corners...Non-Y87

Comment

My 2001 Camaro has the Y3B package, which is the RS; I have all the suspension upgrades as the V8, 3.42 gears, ground effects...without the RS Badges. The official designation is the SLP RS...that means Sleeper RS. All the add ons, without the badges. 1 of 398 made in 2001.

Comment

Or you can be like me and have option Y87 with all the goodies and not get a differential....

Working that out with Pontiac and the dealership today. Should be interesting to hear what they have to say.
                              -Mark (aim: Eredasx)-<br />Black 01 Bird. 3\" exhaust. Eibach pros. Tokico shocks. Whisper lid. SLP CAI. LS1 DS. SLP fan switch. LSD. BMR PHR, LCAs and STB. Status: still repairing damage from punk thieves.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X