Window Problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Problem!

I have a 98 Firebird and the window goes up too far on the drivers side to where it leaves a gap when the door is shut. When I shut the door it makes a rattling noise. The window goes up and down fine, but too far. I think this problem may also be the source of my scratched tint too. Any ideas? Any quick fix ideas?
    Th3 RiCk
    1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Your gonna hafta pull the door panel off and check the problems.
    If you are getting scratches on the inside of the window, check the felt tips at the top of the door frame once the panel is removed. They hold the window as it's in motion, and may become dirty, or sometimes just worn out and need replacing.
    As for the gap in the window, check the window tracks to make sure a bolt or two hasn't come loose. The lining of the tracks could be a little difficult to adjust, so you may want to ask a GM dealer to re-align them to make sure they are done correctly, or try it yourself so you know how to tackle any problems like this in the future.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

The rattling noise is, like hockeyman said, because the thing with the felt tip is broken or worn. My drivers side did that a while back, the felt tip just fell off. Scratched my tint too. Just go to a junk yard an rip one off any 4th gen camaro/firebird, I think mine was like 2 bucks
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

Point of info:
        If you are gonna replace the window felt tips, they are actually called Window Stabilizers, and you can order them from a GM Dealer, part number 10257988 and they cost about $6.00 each. Each window requires 2 stabilizers per side.

-Marc
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X