Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil

Hi,

I know that there was a message below about the oil.

But I just want to know what oil you guys use.

I use vavoline, but my friend told me he uses
    Mobile 1 for his firehawk.

I was just if it`d make a difference to use a synthetic oil on my V6 (`97 RS)

thnx
    97 Camaro RS

If you're changing it every 3,000 miles - mobil 1 is probably a waste for you.

Have a simple oil analysis done for $20 and see where you stand if you're concerned. I run valvoline too, no problems here, analysis was fine too.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Another happy Valvoline customer here. Yall both use DuraBlend?
      <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/adamon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Firechicken</a><br /><b>15.19@91.61</b><br /><i>It Rocks Your Panties</i><p>Daily Driver: <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/pimpnon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1990 Pontiac Trans Sport SE</a><br />Most recent mod: Mounted an Evan on the dashboard.

Comment

I use quaker state
        Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

mobil 1 10/30.........

Eric
          Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
          1996 Camaro Conv
          2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *K*night Rider:
            Another happy Valvoline customer here. Yall both use DuraBlend?<hr></blockquote>

Actually I run Maxlife, as its 50% synthetic Group III and not 20%. It also has more additives and friction modifiers, and its a little on the thick side of an SAE30 when hot (not in the middle). Durablend is good though.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

QuakerStake 10W-30 here.
              1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Royal Purple [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

It's pretty damn expensive..about $6 a quart..Horsepower TV tested a stock SS with Royal Purple and it gained 10 HP on the dyno...

*This will NOT be the case if you just use Royal Purple oil* They changed all fluids with Royal Purple brand. And it was also on a V8..might not have the same affect on a V6.
                94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

royal purple is good stuff.. i would probably buy it if it was readaly available around here..

I use mobil 1.. i dont relaly know why.. you dont really need to.. but.. they way i see it.. I love my car and with the money i save by changing it myself i can afford the extra $$ for the nice oil..

plus I forget when i changed my oil last alot!
                  So, that way i dont need to worry to much about it if i go over a few 100 miles

~Billy

Comment

Royal Purple shows horrible wear numbers and it shears to an SAE 20 in 2,000 miles of normal driving..

[img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] for RP
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Always used Quaker State 10W-30 in all my cars. In the camaro I change every 3,000 no exceptions, but I used to go quite a bit over with my other cars and they both have 130k plus and are still running strong [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      - <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics2/camaro2.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">White \'99 V6 Camaro</a> (M5, 3.23s)<br />- 3\" Borla Exaust, RK Sport Induction Lid, Fast Toys Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, !Silencer, !MAF Screen, B&M Short shifter, Manual Fan Switch, 160° Hypertech Powerstat, BMR Boxed LCAs(rubber/poly), BMR STB<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=386884&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">*My Cardomain Website*</a>

Comment

The key is changing it often. Keeping fresh oil in your car is crucial, not because the oil breaks down, but the additives/viscosity in the oil.

I have always used Mobil 1. It's not really that expensive. If anybody didn't already know, you can get 5 qt. jugs of Mobil 1 supersyn at Wal-Mart for like $18.00. That's a pretty good deal. When I saw that, I bought every 10w/30 they had!
                        Whisper Lid/K&N Intake, NOS 5175 Kit w/ Polished Bottle, Moser 3.42\'s w/ Auburn LSD, SLP Ram Air H.O. Hood, Pacesetter Ceramic Coat Headers-3\" in/out hi-flo cat, 3\" I-pipe, Edelbrock Muffler, Boyd Coddington Smoothie Two\'s

Comment

I use Mobil 1. I don't put too many miles on the car, so the extra cost isn't too big of a deal.

I use Havoline in my S10, can't go wrong at $.99 a quart on sale.. It has 177,000 on it, and still runs pretty strong.
                          2000 Red Firebird W68

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X