Camaro running hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro running hot

This just happend today when i was coming home from school. My car seems to get real hot prob about 240 degres and up when im on the freeway and going 75mph or more, and when i come to a stop at a red light or something the temp goes down to 210-220 around normal but the engine sounds like its missing like it gaspinjg for air. anyone might now what it could be??

Sounds like it could be a bad thermostat. Try flushing your coolant system and change the thermostat. It couldn't hurt and if it's not the problem, you're only down like $10
    \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

sounds like u need a head gasket possibly mine did the same the first ****en day i got it i had the bastids fix it for a 1k in labor that i didnt have 2 pay [img]smile.gif[/img] finally someone got a dealer check that

Comment

first try changing the thermo and see how it goes

Comment

mine just started doin this recently and i have 165K miles on it, i just changed the thermostate so i think i just may have gotten a bad thermostate but it will shoot up to the red then the check gauges will come on then it goes down like the thermostate just popped open then when it gets stuck the temp will go up again until it pops open again
          <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/onebad9d5\" target=\"_blank\">1995 Red 3.4L Camaro</a><br /></b><br />Dont laugh if you see me pushing, no reverse, tranny needs rebuild.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            6 hours ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X