got an email from someone about rough/weird idling....please keep this goin! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got an email from someone about rough/weird idling....please keep this goin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got an email from someone about rough/weird idling....please keep this goin!

I got an email from a board member who is new. I think he said he had a 1995 camaro A4. I have a 1994 for what it's worth, but I wanted to respond to his email on here hoping someone can help us out as it seems like a semi-common problem, and if not some ideas.

Basicly the cars seem to be between 1993-1995 with 3.4 liter engines. All engine seem to be above or about 50,000 or higher milage. The idle, when placed in drive, seems to go up and down a few hundred rpm's until things get warm, and then it goes away. It is not a vaccum leak of anything I can tell. I am assuming the cars are running 87 or higher octane gas. It is only when the car is in drive and you let it coast in drive (how it sorta drives itself). The rpm's just go up and down.

I personally have replaced a number of parts inside the engine. Throttle position sensor, Engine coolant temp sensor, Idle air control sensor, Idle air tempeture sensor, EGR sensor, Oil pressure sender unit. I have cleaned the throttle body out, cleaned air filter, ran higher octane gas, changed plugs and wires, changed PCV valve and still no improvments. Car throws no code. All fluids are maybe half way or less through their life cycle in the car. Can't seen any leaks, and can't find any vaccum leaks. Checked a number of times.

Again, I am posting this to help out my fellow buddy who emailed me about this problem, and maybe get some more ideas. So far the weirdest suggestion of what is wrong is a lean condition caused by the gas recirc system, and chevy has a TSB (technical service bullitan) about it. I checked alldata.come (I got a membership if anyone needs it, but its for a 1994 camaro 3.4 liter) and it is right.

Any ideas/thoughts/replies/suggestions are greatly appricated.

Thanks guys,
    Chris

Mine did this when my EGR started to go bad. My gas milage also went down as well.

Comment

I usually start diagnosing idling problems with the IAC valve. I know you've changed that, but they do tend to get dirty and sticky. It might help to pull it out then spray it with some throttle body/carb cleaner.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Mine does that and i even rebuilt the engine
        My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X