add parts or rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add parts or rebuild?

I have a 99 maro with 130k miles on it. I know a rebuild would be the best with added performance parts. I am in a crunch with money and stuff and want to get a cam rockers springs and all that good stuff. I am also gonna get my tranny rebuilt with new tc. Would it be okay to to add performance parts or would it not be worth while. The engine runs great the only real problem is the tranny. WHat you guys think?
    Mods List:FREE ram air mod,FREE air lid smoothing mod,Air silencer removal,K&N Filter,Magna Flow Exhaust. cat delete, 3.42 + lsd.2600 stall tc,alto red eagle complete tranny rebuild.

I am in the same position man. Just turned 116k. It still pulls nice, but I know that a fresh motor would be even more beneficial to my mods. Well to anwser your question if the motor is ok, then make the tranny as strong as possible to make sure you are getting all the power through there.
    97 Camaro RS<br /><br />\"Just a V6 huh?, let\'s go find out how slow it is\"

Comment

Just my opinion, but I'd think that if you're planning on tearing things apart anyway, and removing the tranny, you may as well take out the engine while you're at it and get it fixed up to. Then you'll be done with it.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        7 hours ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X