This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zlightning:
    You all are gonna hafta make me brake out the damn article aren't you. Well I'll try to find it and post the numbers for all of you trying to say I'm wrong oh yeah there was no I repeat no knock on the car and the higher the octane the more power.<hr></blockquote>

zlightning, do you know that the 3 types of gas we use at the gas station is exactly the same.

Octane reduces power of the explosion

do you know what happens if you have high compression and with a power adder and you run 87 octane gas?

detonation. which means your engine goes kaboom

Comment

Dang, you really dug up an old, dead topic.
      1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Screw hp....
        Go drivetrain.

I think 3.42s work kinda nicely all around with a 5-speed.

Ls1 driveshaft
        Torque arm
        skinnies

I went form 16 flats with one 15.9, to a 15.4 and consistent 15.5-6s, just adding lt1 driveshaft, gears, lsd(you already have), 21mm rear sway, and a pulley(very little gain), poly torque arm bushing.

Comment

Damn this is an old dead topic, someone lock it.
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I'm only opening it so i can reply.

first off, higher octane does NOT, i repeat does NOT reduce the power of the explosion. it simply resists burning longer.

this topic is old, yes, and had it been another old topic, and had not the reply to dig it out been uneducated, there'd be no reason to close it. but... it didn't meet all those prerequisites, so here come the padlock.
            2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X