Anybody have Taylor wires on a 2000+ V6? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have Taylor wires on a 2000+ V6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have Taylor wires on a 2000+ V6?

I've called around to local places and they don't seem to have any plug wires listed for a 2000 V6 Camaro. Even the guy at the Chevy dealership wasn't too sure if the Taylor wires listed for a 95-99 V6 would work on a 2000. Thunderracing is pretty sure they will though. The GM part numbers for the individual wires are even totally differnt. What's the deal?

Mine are all pretty much just strait forward as they can be. All of the boots on the coils are the 90* type boot and all of the ones on the plugs are the 3" fat boots with heat sheilds on them. If they come with metal heat sheilds from the factory, I would like to put them back on there and not have those skinny boots plugging in on the plugs. The lenghts that I found are #2 - 30", #3 - 22", #4 - 34", #5 - 28", #6 - 38" and not sure on #1. I've noticed that pre-2000 are style EEE and post-2000 are RR whatever that is.
    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

The 95 and up wires will work.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

74243(red) and 74643(blue) if you didn't have the part numbers.
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Well got my Taylor wires in today and saw the unthinkable, the boots that go on the wires are 90* boots when they should be 180* ones. The wire lays against the valve cover/head. I'm thinking this isn't a good thing.

Thunderracing still swears that they have sold a lot of those wires and have never had a complaint. They gave me the number for Taylor which was already closed at the time. How did everybody else get Taylor wires for their 2000+ V6 to work? Where you able to use the stock heat sheilds or did you have to get others?
        1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

I've got a 2000 camaro. I got the talors and ngk plugs form thunderracing and had them put on when I got my headers installed. Yeah they do just lay there it's kinda weird but after two months no problems so they do work great in my opinon :D :D
          look on one of the v8 boys face when he finds out he just lost to a v6 \"ha ha priceless\"<br />2000 camaro Mods: Slp cai,kn filter,whisperlid,talor spiro wires,ngk plugs, rk sport headers, 3\" Borla cat back exhaust,3.73\'s with lsd,pro 5.0 shifter,2002 Corvette wheels, lowered and 1\"1/4,painted calipers black with chrome camaro decals, hypertech programmer

Comment

I'm gonna be putting tubular manifolds on my car in a week or so, and I'm going to be changing the wires too. What is better to go with, the straight spark plug boot like on the Accel wires or the 90 degree boot on the Taylors? With the '96 manifolds its a very, very tight squeeze for the straight boot on my Accels. The end of almost every boot rests on the heat sheild. Will there enough room to use the stright boots on Accels or are Taylors better with tubular manifolds?
            ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Ive got them on a 98 and I really like them. I tried the accel wires but I like the Taylors much better.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X