trouble code 1651.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble code 1651.........

Its the fan 1 relay code. I got this code after I put in the manual fan mod. How do i fix this? Do I replace the big grey fuse that is marked fan 1 in the fuse box? Or is there more to fix?

jp
    1998 Artic White M-5<br />K&N filter, whisper lid, undercar ramair, Dis-4, MSD 8.5mm SC, bosch plat 4+, BMR STB, Jet stage 2, Poly tranny mount, B&M Ripper, 1le DS, 1le Pan hard rod and lca\'s, LSD, hi-flo cat, flowmater, Kumho 255/50/16, and centerforce dual friction clutch.<br />(E.T. ?, but I beat a 15 sec flat integra by 3 cars in 3rd gear and pulling)<p> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/fbodies9870\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/fbodies9870</a><p>*****CAR TOTALED*****<p>2002 Artic White z28 A4 Loaded

Is it a homemade fan switch? If it is that's why you are getting a light. With the slp fan switch you don't get a SES light.
    1999 Firebird Black<br />A4 3.08 gears<br />Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box, K&N Air Filter, Direct Hits Ignition, Flowmaster American Thunder 3\", 160 Degree Hypertech Thermostat, SLP Fan Switch, 3\" High Flow Cat<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=273903\" target=\"_blank\">My car on Cardomain</a>

Comment

turn your car off, unplug the ground to the switch. turn the car on, turn the car off. turn the car on, plug ground in, unplug ground, turn the car off. turn the car on, no ses light. might have to repeat that a couple of times and if ya don't want to waste gas then you can turn the car to ignition 2 everytime but the last time you'll have to crank it to know if the ses light goes off cause ses light is always on in ignition 2 position. to make things easy, i just hooked up another switch to the ground of the fan switch, so i can turn it on/off when i want. hope this helps.

btw, once ya get no ses light, it is ok to plug the ground back in on your switch...the ses light won't go off again. i have a 97 camaro and i very rarely get an ses for having the fans on manually...i don't even understand why it ever comes on to be quite honest with you--because it comes on at such random times and then at the same random times, it won't come on sometimes. but heres a little tip that helped me...when you start your car, drive past 50 mph until your computer kicks your low fan off, then slow down to under 40 mph when it kicks it back on, then you can turn it on/off to all your hearts content. doing this has almost always overridden the problem for me...not always though--ONCE it didn't, and i've had my switch for a while now, just depends on a lot of factors like outside temp/throttle/speed/rpms/ and a whole bunch of combinations of this crap...but no one really can fix this for the homemade fan switch guys, and this is the best way i know how to explain it to ya.

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
      2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

thak you. I'll give it a try. I have the code scanner, is there anyway to delete the code from my computer, or will it always stay there?
        1998 Artic White M-5<br />K&N filter, whisper lid, undercar ramair, Dis-4, MSD 8.5mm SC, bosch plat 4+, BMR STB, Jet stage 2, Poly tranny mount, B&M Ripper, 1le DS, 1le Pan hard rod and lca\'s, LSD, hi-flo cat, flowmater, Kumho 255/50/16, and centerforce dual friction clutch.<br />(E.T. ?, but I beat a 15 sec flat integra by 3 cars in 3rd gear and pulling)<p> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/fbodies9870\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/fbodies9870</a><p>*****CAR TOTALED*****<p>2002 Artic White z28 A4 Loaded

Comment

most scanners will allow you to erase the code from the computer's memory after you have scanned it, yes. I get that code every time I go to the track, but I never bother to reset the code, because the SES goes away (stays in memory though) and does NOT effect performance. All it is really, is just an annoying light.
          2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

it'll always be there, you can't clear the code permanently...the only way to change fan operating temps and such is by buying a hypertech hpp3...if they make one for your car. once you get the hypertech, you can put both your fan speeds for low temps and the ses lights should never come on when you use the fan switch. but i wouldn't worry about it at all...i mean, even if you are on a long trip and your ses light comes on and your fan switch is on, you will know what the problem is, that is, unless your car is backfiring or misfiring or something...i've had a couple of "real" ses lights in the past, and i've always noticed something wrong with the car when they come on. so i wouldn't worry about it at all.
            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X