confusing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confusing problem

this is very perplexing. yesterday my car was running strong. this morning when i started her up, she for the lack of a better term "hiccuped". she started fine, then for just a sec it seemed like she was cut off, then came back. everything seemed fine, but i noticed that my digital tripomiter had went to 0.0 miles and i didnt clear it. the first time i switched off and restarted she did it again, only it cut off and on 2-3 times before running normal again. i had buisness that i had to do so i went about my day and things were fine, for a while. my digital readout cleared twice more and when i was leaving wally world for home she started up crazy again, i noticed that the gauges were all over the place while this was happening. the only thing that was different about this morning and yesterday was the temp outside was about 10 degrees, ive never drove her in below freezing weqther before. i went to the local parts store to have the computer read, just in case. no trouble codes at all, everything read fine. anyone have any ideas???
    1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

Gauges will go haywire when there's low battery voltage. It could have just been caused by the cold, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the battery and alternator tested. Also, check your terminals for corrosion. Don't want to have it leave you sit somewhere.
    1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

yea it sounds like the battery to me. my car did that for a few days after i got it fixed from my wreck and it was the battery doin it.
      1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Yes it's definitly the battery. I had the exact same problem about 5 months ago. A new battery made everything better.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X