SES Light...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Light...

Is there anyway to burn this light out so you don't see it anymore? It's cheaper than buying an O2 sim [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

not up for the 'ol electrical tape mod? I'd spend the cash for an O2 sim, so you can actually use the SES light.

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: sac2165 ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sac2165:
      not up for the 'ol electrical tape mod? I'd spend the cash for an O2 sim, so you can actually use the SES light.

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: sac2165 ]
      <hr></blockquote>

my light isn't on but I would be doing it for other reasons...

so how do you burn it out?

Comment

ttt

Comment

dam you are stupid!
          I meen.. WHY IN HELL would you not want to see your ses light!!!

I think you are an idiot if you do this.. but.. just take the bulb out of the socket...
          then it wont light up..

~Billy

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: AllTheGoodNamesAreGone ]</p>

Comment

Take out your gauge cluster, take off the plastic backing, then twist and remove the light. If you do a search you should be able to find posted directions on how to remove the dash to get to your gauge cluster. I believe on a 99 Camaro it's rather hard.
            ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
              dam you are stupid!
              I meen.. WHY IN HELL would you not want to see your ses light!!!

I think you are an idiot if you do this.. but.. just take the bulb out of the socket...
              then it wont light up..

~Billy

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: AllTheGoodNamesAreGone ]
              <hr></blockquote>

because if I do get the SES light and when I do sell my car down the road I'd like to sell it witout the service engine light blaring...everything is running fine and I would hate to have a potential buyer freak out when they see the light on for no reason.

BTW, I'm not doing it now but I will down the road. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

that has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard..

fix your car man..

~Billy

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
                  that has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard..

fix your car man..

~Billy
                  <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] IT'S NOT BROKEN. THE ONLY THING IT WOULD GO OFF FOR IS BECAUSE I HAVE A DIFFERENT CAT NOT BECAUSE THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG. /sighs/

Oh well... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Comment

Souldn't it be easier to trick the O2 sensor than to hide the SES light which you will need if something actually DOES go wrong?
                    <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C.O.Jones:
                      Souldn't it be easier to trick the O2 sensor than to hide the SES light which you will need if something actually DOES go wrong?<hr></blockquote>

agreed, but I've heard on the V6 that even with the O2 sims the SES light is triggered. My light is NOT ON now but I'm wondering for down the road. Simple question, HOW DO I REMOVE/BURN that light out?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:

because if I do get the SES light and when I do sell my car down the road I'd like to sell it witout the service engine light blaring...everything is running fine and I would hate to have a potential buyer freak out when they see the light on for no reason.

BTW, I'm not doing it now but I will down the road. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        <hr></blockquote>

OR, you could tell the buyer why the light is on, and they would probably understand, if it's a performance upgrade and the SES light is showing that the catalyst is flowing high, but not high enough to fail any emissions inspection.
                        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
                          agreed, but I've heard on the V6 that even with the O2 sims the SES light is triggered.<hr></blockquote>

I'm on my 2nd O2 sim (one made by Casper and this one from ZZPerformance) and both sims causes an SES light.

Instead of removing the light bulb, I'd recommend explaining to the buyer that the aftermarket cat is causing the code and offer to take them (them take it) to Autozone and scan the code. What you're talking about doing (selling the car under false pretences) could possibly be illegal in your state! :eek:
                          Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                            by ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                            1 week ago
                          • RPDRed6
                            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                            by RPDRed6
                            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • ssms5411
                            No start problem
                            by ssms5411
                            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X