rebuild or new engine? wanting to get naws... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rebuild or new engine? wanting to get naws...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuild or new engine? wanting to get naws...

I have a 94 3.4...it has ~140-150k miles on it. It still runs fine not a problem. But being that many miles scares me. how much would a rebuild cost? to have done and if i did it myself how hard would it be how much would parts cost me and how hard is it ( whats the process?) . or would it be better to just find a 3.8 and drop it in it. What all would I have to change to go to a 3.8? could I keep the same tranny?

Basicly i read everything 12sec v6 posts just about. And i want to jump into the world of naws. If i put it on my 3.4 with 140k.... i dont know how long it would last. And it has 40 less hp than the 3.8 so im thinking to swap for a 3.8 wit like 50k or so on it...... then putting the naws on... all opinions needed "thizanks"

anyone?

Comment

hmm, that cars almost 10 years old. New car maybe?

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: SlimJim1284 ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SlimJim1284:
        hmm, that cars almost 10 years old. New car maybe?

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: SlimJim1284 ]
        <hr></blockquote>

not exactly a choice... i am a senior in highschool... i saved up my money and bought the car myself..... I dont exactly own a bank..... Im thinking maybe possibly this summer... i might get enough up saved to get like 98 + pewter colored bird...

Comment

Geeze Zo Peezo, I bought my first camaro when I was a senior. If your gonna rebuild or replace why don't you just z it. Cost is damn near the same, I would just find someone that has a salvagers lic. then have them go down to an auction buy a wrecked z and swap everything to to your body. Then you will be fast all the time without having to push that lil red button. By the way squeezing is for puppies, supercharge if you wanna have a bigger bite. Good Luck

Comment

I'm assuming the problem with him getting a Z28 is that the insurance on a V8 absolutely RAPES pretty much anyone under 25, am I right Big Tymer?
            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camarorulz:
              I'm assuming the problem with him getting a Z28 is that the insurance on a V8 absolutely RAPES pretty much anyone under 25, am I right Big Tymer?<hr></blockquote>

damn straight! As much as I hate it , I love it, cuz i could tell u 4985273409587243 kids on the road that do NOT need a v8 in their hands..... but o well

Comment

thats the beauty of it. you swap everything from the Z to your car...you get a z and to the insurence company you got a 6. i might do this if i find a Z cheap enough. doing everything your self with part will probable cost you 3 g's in parts at the least with a high milage motar. i seen them go for a grand with computer and wiring and tranny. but they where like 80-100 thousand miles. plus u need fuel system, drive shaft rear end. suspension, radiator.....its better to get a Z for around that much and scrap it in my opinion. or just but a Z but of course you and I would get smashed by the insurence company.
                <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/onoiocoko\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/onoiocoko</a> <br />\"there are three kinds of people - those who can count and those who can\'t\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X