SES light and missfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light and missfire

MY 94 3.4 has been a pain. I could never fiqure it out. THe engine misses usually during low rpms and the only way to fix that problem is to accelerate. then the SES light will come on what could it posiible be. I bought a new EGR Change, the plugs and wires were changed 2000 miles ago. Can you please help im taking it for a 900 mile trip tommorow and I want to try to help it so my car wont die on me on the way there.

Try seafoaming it? Sounds like you need a top engine clean.

What about fuel filter and O2 sensors? Set an SES?

Maybe a coil pack starting to go south.
    -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Take it to Autozone and find out what the code is...then you'll know where to start.

It's not fuel, like filter or pump, those get worse will more acceleration not better. My money is on ignition, the scan will tell you which cylinders misfire. If it's a pair of cylinders use the same ignition coil, there's your answer.
      1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

well it sounds like alot of people are having this misfiring problem. including me. what is seafoam? ive heard it a few times but dont know what it is.

Comment

Seafoam is an engine cleaner. If you do buy it, pour it in very SLOWLY.

If your car is really bad, you should have it professionally cleaned.
          -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Yes, you should have it scanned and find out exactly what code is setting the SES rather than buying new replacement parts hoping to eventually find the problem.
            1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X