looking at a wrecked f-body, does this look that bad - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at a wrecked f-body, does this look that bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get one now cuz you might piss the $$$ away...the car can be built to your desire over the next 2 years. [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
    my 2 cents
    ps welcome
    my other truck has a 50 cal mounted on it

Comment

You need to drop the salvage cars. They have hidden damages u can't see and on top of that the Trans Am has the airbags popped out, which means $$$, which was prolly what cause the car to get totalled in the first place. And once u hit the streets on that salvage title, your T/A would be worth nothing. One hit and it's totalled yet again and the insurance is going to reimburse you salvage price not market value. All that effort and money will go right out the door.
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

salvaged cars are not always bad...make sure you got somebody with you that can give you a no-sh#t estimate on the repairs needed.
        the first link showed the air bags did not deploy so it might not be a bad deal
        my other truck has a 50 cal mounted on it

Comment

yea F1GT has i point, but im only 14 and i have time to work on stuff, air bags arent that expensive ( ebay ) my dad found two for 100 bucks on ebay, yes they did work as we found out a week later when my sister hit a pole. the reason im looking at wrecks ( not particlary salvage tilted ones ) is money, which is a big issue for me. id love to find one with a clean title but theres none in my price range.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

It could be a project car for a school. But I wouldn't pay more than $100. IIRC F1GT is in the insurance business. He knows what he is about.

Comment

this is the kind of stuff you need to be looking at.
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...510875506&rd=1
              High mileage cars that you can rebuild the engine for over the next two years. this way you get experience and a great car. i wish i had done this but hey we cant all do it right when we are young.
              here is a 98 v6 that is very high mileage that you could probably get for 4000. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...512963762&rd=1

[ December 22, 2004, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: T-Punk ]
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

i bought my 1998 camaro for 4500 and nothing was wrong with it except it needed a body control modeule which was 200 bux nothing i only had 2500 down on it so i owe 2 on it but my payments are 75 dollars a month that would be good for you because u could poss. pay that and if u get in a bind one month maybe u would be fortunate for ur parents to help u out thats just my 2 cents btw my car only had 79k miles on it which i didnt think was 2 bad

Comment

alright, i'll start looking more into higher miledge f-bodys. thanks everyone, but i have a question, i thought that if u get a R-titiled car, fix it and then send pictures of the car back in, its sopossed to be a reconstructed title and then if i was to get in a wreck i wuldnt get completly screwed? but i dont know im just a kid and dont know a thing about insurence
                  thanks for all your help guys.
                  pat

edit: if i do get a high miledge car and rebuild it what about the shocks and everything like that,like what would i have to replace due to high miledge? thanks again
                  1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

You have to fix it and get it inspected, then you get your Reconstructed title. Kinda hurts the resale value, but you might not be concerned with that. Just don't put too much money into it.

And you're right. With a high-mileage vehicle the body may be straight, but then you've got to worry about maintaining everything else.
                    1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

get a high miles car and a low miles wrecked car and swap..
                      Mystic Teal Metallic
                      ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                        by ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                        1 week ago
                      • RPDRed6
                        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                        by RPDRed6
                        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • ssms5411
                        No start problem
                        by ssms5411
                        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X