Strange problem, hope someone knows what I'm talking about.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange problem, hope someone knows what I'm talking about....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange problem, hope someone knows what I'm talking about....

It seems that whenever I start my car and start moving I've lost power. I'll push the gas halfway down or more and the car will just slowly accelerate and sometimes even stumble a little. The strange part is that if I keep my foot on the gas, after just a little bit, acceleration will return to normal and the car will drive fine for the rest of the time its on. Then, once I turn it off and start it back up, it will do it again the same way.

My thoughts are, fuel filter (replaced less than 2k ago), clogged injectors (cleaned less than 2k ago), possible torque convertor or tranny problem, spark plugs or wires (but then wouldn't I have problems all the time?).

Anyone have any idea what's going on? If you need more infomation just ask me questions, I will answer them as best as I can.

maybe the fuel pump going? slow to wind up? my thought

Comment

crud on MAF sensor, vacuum line leak, bad tps, yeah-check fuel pressure @idle & under load.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

Valve body mines doing that right now, couple hundred bucks for a new one
        My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

Valve body? What does it do?

Anyone else have help??

Comment

Well it controls and directs fluid for shift's alow's gears to access it's inside the tranny remove the filter and it's where the filter sits. try this put your car in drive then drive and reach about 10 miles per hour let your foot of the gas and manully shift it into 3'rd then 2'nd' then 1'st if when you shift into first it stops and grinds you have the same prob i do
            My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X