SES light after wire change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light after wire change?

I changed my wires last nite, and now it stumbles a little when I give it gas and threw the following codes

P1651 PSP Switch Input Malfunction
    P1652 IAC Monitor disabled by PSP Switch failed on
    P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

What do you guys think? Bad wires? Bad luck? :(
    RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

moving to general tech.
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

derrr... check the obvious.. make sure you have goood conncetions on all the plugs and coils..

I know the tylor wires i got had to be jammed on there pretty hard..

if that dosent make it better.. get your longest stock wire and swap it in.. one plug at a time.. to find out wich wire is bad..

thats a good start..

i wouldent drive your car untill you get this solved..

~Billy

Comment

Did you pry on anything in order to remove your plug boots?

Do any of your plug wires touch or run along any sensor wires or wire looms?
        You can achieve anything for which you are prepared to pay the price.<br /> --ATTILA THE HUN

Comment

Alright new update.

The wire to the 3rd cylinder maybe? ( driver side middle) was UNDER the sensor of some sort, so, changed taht, put it iwth the rest a bit away from it... also.. the number 2 cylinder (pass side front) wire was turned sharply, not bent/twisted, but enough to warrant me to fix it to create more slack for it. Also the wires going over the top of the engine, they were on the sensor on the to towards the back, fixed that now, to the original position. Hope all goes well tomorrow! Thanks for all the help guys! Can't start it tonite, dad upstairs would kill me, only thing I don't like about flows [img]smile.gif[/img]
          RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

Nope, didn't help. Prolly going to take it to the shop now :(

Comment

Don't know what you used as your source to look up those codes, but they're wrong.

P1651 Fan 1 Relay Control Circuit
              P1652 Fan 2 Relay Control Circuit
              P0336 Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor A Performance

First two mean your fans are already on when the PCM wants to turn them on or vice versa (happens all the time with a manual fan switch.) I don't know what the last one means.

The stumbling is probably coming from one of your wires arcing somewhere on the engine like a bolt. Wait till its dark outside, pop your hood, and rev the engine a lot(you can do this at the throttle body.) Look around the engine bay for for sparking or small, blue arcs between your wires and metal.
              ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Hey, I just realized I have one 7mm wire on and 5 8mm, the way I tested it was weird but it worked but I left a 7mm on there, would this cause that problem?

-The stumbling is probably coming from one of your wires arcing somewhere on the engine like a bolt.

What does this mean? That like a wire is twisted or turning too sharp a turn or whatver? Or just caught on something? I'll check it out! thanks! I'll do that later tonite also ! thanks man!

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: raxxus ]</p>

Comment

ehh.. 7mm 5mm.. whatever.. that wont make too much of a diffrence..

check your fan fuse/relay

arcing.. he is taking about the possibility that one of your plug wires is f-ed up and a bare peice of wire is possibly touching metel on the car.. causing a ground.. this would be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry bad..

DO WHAT I TOLD YOU ABOVE!! swap each wire with a stock wire.. one by one.. starting the car in between each swap.. and see if it makes a diffrence!

~Billy

Comment

See the thing is I don't have my stock ones anymore, my step-mom threw them out and the garbage man came today :( I just put on the last 8mm wire, I'll start it, see how it runs, and if it does the same thing, I'll pull every wire and inspect each line.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
                      arcing.. he is taking about the possibility that one of your plug wires is f-ed up and a bare peice of wire is possibly touching metel on the car.. causing a ground.. this would be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry bad.. <hr></blockquote>

The wire doesn't even have to be bare. The wires aren't insulated enough to keep the energy from acring to nearby metal. I had a wire hanging near one of the manifold bolts that would arc when the engine was under a load.

Do you even have a manual fan switch?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by raxxus:
                      What does this mean? That like a wire is twisted or turning too sharp a turn or whatver? Or just caught on something? <hr></blockquote>

Think of a spark plug - that's arcing. The electricity's just jumping.
                      ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Yes I have a manual fan switch, and love it to death! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ok, so just make sure the wires are not near the heat manifolds?

Update- Ok, I made sure the wires were alright, and the wires on the left side were on a bronze metal piece and I made sure they weren't touching it, and it still did the same thing. All the wires look fine, I could start taking some dig. pics if that'd help! I have an appt. for my shop that I work on at 3 just in case I couldnt figure it out tonite, which it looks like I can't :(

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: raxxus ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                          by ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                          1 week ago
                        • RPDRed6
                          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                          by RPDRed6
                          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • ssms5411
                          No start problem
                          by ssms5411
                          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X