Jet Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Chip

I'm looking to get a Jet stage 2 for about 200 bucks at racesearch.com. Is it worth it? I've already read all the posts. I know that chips are often talked about on here, and some people like them, some people don't. I've read posts saying that they are great, some that say that they are useless, and some saying that they are better on an automatic than on a manual.

My question is, for an M5 with intake mods (cold air, k&n, whisper lid) and exhaust (whatever catback), will there be much of an improvement. I've heard that automatics benefit more because the shift points are readjusted. Obviously, this doesn't make a difference for a manual.

I also expect more of a difference from a chip when a car has intake and exhaust mods than a chip would give to a stock car.

Lastly, I wanted everyone's opinions on how safe it is for the car. I run premium gas, so that isn't a problem, but I hear that chips void warranties and can be bad for the car. Mine is new, so I don't want to hurt it.

Can I expect gains in HP or SOTP? High or Low in powerband? Will it help me spin my tires?
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

i've heard they really aren't worth the money. a friend of mine had one in his truck and i couldn't tell a difference whatsoever, but he said he could. so i don't know, it will probably be one of those things that you'll try and make yourself look for a gain--like a K&N air filter on a stock setup--even though it probably won't give you more than MAYBE 2 rwhp.
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X