Car Won't Start !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Won't Start !!!!!

The problem as the subject reads is that my car won't start at all. What's happening is that I put in the key, put in the clutch and step on the brake. Then I turn the key forward and the speedometer goes up like crazy and the security light goes up. It won't start at all, I know our cars have an antitheft lock, but don't know how it works. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks guys [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
    99 Green Firebird M5<br />SLP Ram Air Hood<br />16\" Cragar SS Chrome Wheels<br />225/50HR16 Kumho Ecsta<br />SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 40 Series w/3\" dual chrome tips, 2.5\" cutout,3\" cat converter

I think that the manual transmissions act just like the autos, the security light comes on and the key won't engage the starter.

I'm concerned about the speedo problem, though. You could have a short that caused the ignition to go out. Or, you could just have a very low battery...

When I did a stereo install not to long ago, the battery ran down (I had the fan on low... oops) and the whole car acted very strangely. This included gauges freaking out, speakers pulsating when you pushed the window buttons, et cettera. So that's the first thing I would check.

Past that, you might be looking at quite a troubleshooting conundrum. (Or you could just take it in and let someone else do it!)

Good Luck!

-Brian
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Thanks for the help man, I called the dealer and he said that I might be looking at big trouble. He said that it might be a major problem with my ignition system or could just be the battery. I will check it out tomorrow and just hope it is the battery.
      99 Green Firebird M5<br />SLP Ram Air Hood<br />16\" Cragar SS Chrome Wheels<br />225/50HR16 Kumho Ecsta<br />SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 40 Series w/3\" dual chrome tips, 2.5\" cutout,3\" cat converter

Comment

i just had a lot of problems with that also, i have little chips in my keys and sometimes it wouldn't start and the security light would be on. well finally the keyhole jammed when i tried to shut my car off so i had to shut it off manualy and i have to get new keys and a new ignition switch and it cost over 180bucks which sucked. that might be your problem that the chip in your key is going.
        1996 Chevy Camaro SS<br />#67 of 2,410 made that year with the slp package<br />Street Lethal Fbody Association Member<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X