T-top/door gasket install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-top/door gasket install

Has anyone ever replaced the t-top/door gasket on their f-body? It's the rubber piece that goes around the entire door and around the t-top. My husband ordered the gasket from gmpartsdirect.com, and of course you do not get instructions with the part when you order from them. I don't think it makes a difference what kind of f-body he has, but it's a 95 Z. Any installation advice would be much appreciated.
    2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

It's really easy to do. I put them in when I converted my hardtop and I had no trouble installing it
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

I am pretty sure they just pull right off.. and you slip the new ones on..

I have never done this though..

~Billy

Comment

on a t-top car, they are screwed in in three places. one at the front corner of the windwhield on top, one across from it at the back, and one down in the crevice above the door latching mechanism (the black thing that sticks out in your door frame). there is also a plastic push pin in the front at the bottom of the raised windshield below the mirror. be careful not to break that off. you can either pull it out or just slip the seal off of it. the rest of it just slips off the metal lip.

i'd buy some black gasket sealant to use when putting the new one back on. as you take the old one off, you'll see that GM used this sealant in all the places where it is screwed down.

how much did a new one cost? the dealership told me $280 per side. :eek: i got both sides from ebay off a '99 for $50.

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Domestic Violence ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X