Factory Remote Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Remote Start

Does anyone else have a remote start on their car that is factory equiped? If so does anyone have the instructions for it?

I bought my car used from a dealer and they didn't tell me it had remote start on it (they probably didn't know). I stumbled across the remote start a few days after I got the car because I was messing with my new toy:) After a moment of surprise at having started my car from a distance I realized I had remote start.

Anyway, I only know one way to start it and that is lock-lock-unlock with about 1 second between presses (how lucky was I to stumble across that!?)

This leaves my car unlocked. I would like to know how to start the car and leave it locked which I know I can do because I have actually done it a couple of times, I just can't recreate it at will.

Anyone have a manual for a factory installed remote start?
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

well it wasnt factory installed...the person that had the car before you had someone rig it to work with the factory system...you'd have to find the remote start module and look at the wiring for it...see what kind it it, then go on the internet and find a manual for it...from that you could see how yours is wired and maybee switch it to unlock, unlock, lock....and there ya go...oh btw have you tried pressing the lock button while the remote start is engaged??

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Yep Nikon's right, that isn't factory. You are not in kansas anymore toto. So what happens when pressing the lock button after starting it? If that doesn't work, find the remote starter box, somewhere on it or in it will be a switch board, it has a bunch of little white switches on it. So the ones that are up put down and the ones that are down put up just don't let it get uneven. That will reverse your set up to unlock, unlock, lock. Good Luck

Huh wait, there might be problem with that. It may be tuned to lock x2, unlock for factory security. Anyone know what I am talkin bout, like that lil security light that comes on when you don't unlock the doors like jumpin through the t-top into the car. Hmmm.....that might be why it is the way it is. Go figure, well I would try retuning the box first, see what happens worst it could do is not start with your toy.

K...Good Luck X2

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Horse_Hunter ]</p>

Comment

If I press the Lock button the car shuts off. Also, if I touch the brake without putting in the key it shuts off (which is the standard way most remote start systems work)

The information I have received from more than one person is that it is impossible to add an after-market remote start to a factory keyless entry. Both of them knew a lot about stereo/alarm installs (one of them is in that business).

Why are you certain it isn't factory? When I bought the car it had just come off of a lease. It seems weird someone would add an after-market system to a leased car.
        SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

the people that say it wont work with a factory system are the ones that want you to spend the extra money for and aftermarket alarm system...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Try to start it by pressing (and holding for about 1-2 seconds) lock and unlock at the same time. That is how I start mine, it is a DEI with Avital security system, but it is worth a try on your car. If that doesn't work, try other combinations(unless you only have 2 buttons. By the way, the same thing happened to me, the dealer didn't know it had it.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/hpn2003\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/hpn2003</a><p>SLP cold air intake, B&B cat-back exhaust w/ quad tips, SLP subframe connectors, Eibach lowering springs and Bilstein shocks, Hotchkis Panhard Rod, Hotchkis LCA\'s, Taylor Spiro Pro wires, 160* thermostat, Optima battery, white face gauges w/ carbon fiber trim, carbon fiber/chrome pedals, Avital alarm w/ DEI Remote Start

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mjparme:
              Why are you certain it isn't factory? When I bought the car it had just come off of a lease. It seems weird someone would add an after-market system to a leased car.<hr></blockquote>

check it out
              no F-bods came from the factory with remote start. It isn't even an option. I don't know of any chevy or pontiac cars that come with remote start as an option as a matter of fact, but I could be wrong.
              millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

you can't get it as a factory option since its considered 'dangerous'. the car could start w/o warning and injure someone unless the install is done correctly and certain precautions are taken.

can you remote start when the hood is up? if so, that's very bad. is there a remote start disable switch -- check the glove box, under the dash, etc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X