This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hypertech isnt worth a f*ck

with the hypertech installed i ran a 16.3. w/o it i still ran a 16.3. i just got screwed on 300$. but after awhile we upped the shift and i pulled a 2nd gear scratch :D .

:rolleyes:
    Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

don't backtalk.

you don't ever have anything positive to say about things. A lot of times all you do is make some smartass remark, not being even REMOTELY helpful.

Congratulations you just caused a thread to become locked. Do NOT talk back like that, that's not cool. Any more incidents of you being beligerent will be reported to the admins :mad:

By the way, your signature is far too long. No more than 5 lines, please [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: navyblue2000 ]

[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: navyblue2000 ]</p>

Comment

Please give more detail on the settings you changed and other information. What octane did you tune for, and what octane was in the tank? Were the runs on the same night, with comparable 60' times? What other mods are on your car?

I've had mine in about 4 months, with full intake mod, and I'm happy with it. I'm not a strip guy (autocross and NASA track racing), but aside from the tuning I found all the other possible adjustments good to have.
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

runs were the same night... 60 foot same besides like a .02 of a difference... dead hooked everytime... have ram air mod,gears, and exhaust... i changed to 87 octane with 87 octane in tank changed shift points up +1, and 100% shift firmness....

Comment

With a stock 2000 v6, your car should be in the 15's, especially with new gears.

I'm not saying anything about you as a driver, just that you may want to get some more practice on the car before using your 1/4 mile times to test different mods.
            All gone :(<br />Best ET ever: 14.3 (I think)<br />----------------------------<br />Check out my site for exhaust clips, burnouts, and pictures, and the supercharger throttle body mod.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/net_addict/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Click on the Firebird</a>

Comment

Ok

1. shift firmness doesn't do anything.

2. i doubt you dead hooked every time... if you got traction and ran a 16.3 then you were launching at idle.

3. HPP3 doesn't suck... worked for me

4. Don't run on 87 octane. You buy the cheap gas, it might not even be 87... Put in 93 with the 87 octane tuning. My best run was on a blend of 87 and 93.
              Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I'll use this opportunity to relate my Hypertech experience:

went to the track last month, ran a best of 15.8 without gear reprogramming at all.

reprogrammed with the HPP3, went to the track on a different night. After two 16.0 runs I let the car cool off AND upped the shift points with the HPP3, pulled a new best of 15.7. I still think the car had a lot more in it with the stock converter, but I have my Edge installed now.

variables:
                I had MORE GAS the second time
                It was a little hotter the second time
                I still ran a new best the second time.

Does the HPP3 work? My answer is yes, you're not operating it to its full potential, and I probably was not either. What gears do you have?

EDIT: I also had 87 octane gas with 87 octane tuning.

[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]</p>
                -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Funny, I ran a 15.2 with the Hypertech on the 87 octane setting. Did it help me? I dont know... it didn't hurt.

Oh yeah, thats through the bone stock exhaust on street tires mind you.
                  2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                  Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I feel best with mid grade on 87 octane settings with my HPP3..
                    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

on the whole time issue our elevation really sucks. me as a driver ive been racing competitvley at the track for 2 years. Also my friend that was a mechanic that knows literally everything there is to know about hypertech was there. im just giving my .02 cents on the hpp3. didnt do anything for me. might for other people and on the 16.3 runs i did dead hook at a 1900 stall.

Comment

Then sell it to someone who will benefit from it. From everyone elses experience and mine, you should change your suject to, "Hypertech isn't worth a f*ck FOR ME!" :rolleyes:

Just MHO. ;)
                        Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

Seriously.. I will buy it off you.. is there a auto/manual version?
                          cause.. he has an auto.. my car is a manual..
                          lol.. then i can do yet another dyno test!

~Billy

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Riles:
                            With a stock 2000 v6, your car should be in the 15's, especially with new gears.

<hr></blockquote>

Ever raced in West Texas, with about 4000feet of ait below you? Didn't think so. Our cars don't run 15's stock here, period.
                            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X