Strange Start-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Start-up

When my car starts up initially, it seems to idle in waves. The exhaust note gets loud then quiet, doing this very rapidly. It keeps getting worse, meaning that the difference keeps getting larger. What is going on? ((Nothing else seems out of place except for the noise from the exhaust))
    :mad:

-DrkMind11
    <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

You're dropping a cylinder at startup. Could be plugs, wires, coil, or injectors. Pull a plug wire on a cold startup to see if the engine sounds worse. When you get to the wire that doesn't change the RPMs... there's your dead cylinder. I'd start there.
    \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

I have 15,000 miles on my car, and it is a 2000. Do you think that this work will be covered under warrenty at the dealership?

-DrkMind11
      <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

Well explain the drop. Does it do it bad or is it very sudel? Also does it sound like your idle hunts and surges alittle? Need alittle more info. Does it do it when it is cold or hot?
        2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Justin Kirkham:
          I have 15,000 miles on my car, and it is a 2000. Do you think that this work will be covered under warrenty at the dealership?

-DrkMind11
          <hr></blockquote>Oh hell yeah. Make the dealer handle this little problem. You're covered bumper to bumper for 3 years or 30k miles.
          \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Ok. It only does it when it is cold, since I have never noticed it except in the morning when I am first going out. It is fairly noticable, meaning that the exhaust note goes from stock-sounding, to fairly roaring. People have noticed it other than myself, so it isn't just me. It started about a week or two ago, and it is the same now as it was then. It seems worse, but I think that that is just my imagination. After I get going, I notice it only a very little. By the time I am out of my driveway, though, the problem seems gone. I have it going in tuesday for the blinker, and I will bring this up as well. Thanks all.

-DrkMind11

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X