Just Bought Need Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Bought Need Suggestions

Hey I just bought my 2001 Camaro 3.8L Auntomatic. and I was wonderin what would be some good right off the top mods I could do i dont mind spendin a little money but i dont wanna do anything to major just yet i wanna eventually get the car in the 12's but for now ill take anything

Up near the top of the page there is a search button, it will be your best friend [img]smile.gif[/img]

2 "starter" mods.. intake and exhaust..
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Look in your glovebox or door for the RPO sticker. If you see GU4 then I would suggest some gears and LSD. If not (GU6) then don't worry about it.

Of course you would want exhaust and intake. I had a Flowmaster muffler put on for $260. You can get a Whisper lid and filter for around $120. There are also some free mods you can do, check out the technical archive section.

Oh, and welcome to the board.
      2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
        Up near the top of the page there is a search button, it will be your best friend [img]smile.gif[/img]

2 "starter" mods.. intake and exhaust..
        Also there is another button on the VERY top of the screen in red that says "Modifications encyclopedia". That one will REALLY help you out. ;)
        Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

hmm... I don't see a "sex with Britney Spears" button.

Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
            I had a Flowmaster muffler put on for $260.
            Not to get off topic but if you paid 260$ for someone to put a muffler on then you got SERIOUSLY ripped off.
            2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

Comment

yeah man $260 is a LOT ...anyways...i would start off with intake (whether it be cold air or "ram air") ...exhaust...which i see you have...high flow cat...i hear gears can do a lot on a factory car...also...i've had my suspension components for quite some time now and the handling difference is awesome...makes it even more fun to drive...good luck!
              <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD.:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
                I had a Flowmaster muffler put on for $260.
                Not to get off topic but if you paid 260$ for someone to put a muffler on then you got SERIOUSLY ripped off. </font>[/QUOTE]Lol, $260 wasn't labor only.
                2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                  Good to see the site is back up
                  by 2.8 Bird
                  So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                  3 days ago
                • FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X