finally, TR55's IN ***UPDATE w/ PIC*** - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finally, TR55's IN ***UPDATE w/ PIC***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally, TR55's IN ***UPDATE w/ PIC***

my MSD fried the $hit out of my bosch plugs, and my cars been runnin like poo. real bad, it feels like a 16 sec car now.

ordered 6 TR55's from thunder racing yesterday, and illl get em friday. cant wait.

[ September 13, 2004, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Ian ]

Sweet dude, I tell my grandma to send you some cookies. ;)
    Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Originally posted by 93camaro_zzz:
      Sweet dude, I tell my grandma to send you some cookies. ;)
      please do [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
        my MSD fried the $hit out of my bosch plugs, and my cars been runnin like poo. real bad, it feels like a 16 sec car now.

ordered 6 TR55's from thunder racing yesterday, and illl get em friday. cant wait.
        [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
        i freaking told you it melted my +4's lol the tr55 take the pain much better

i have the the MSD coil packs too :eek:
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ian:

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
          i freaking told you it melted my +4's lol the tr55 take the pain much better

i have the the MSD coil packs too :eek:
          </font>[/QUOTE]yea, i remember you said your MSD fried yours.

mine come tommorrow [img]smile.gif[/img] cant wait to get them in. ill be at SLP day to run w/ them. cant wait!

Comment

YES, they came today.

now im gonna see if i can install them up here. that should be fun lol

Comment

Put em in today in a little under an hour and a half. Took her out for a spin, and 'cha-CHING', the sure cure for a slower car!

Car pulls just like it did when i first put the MSD in......... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
                Put em in today in a little under an hour and a half. Took her out for a spin, and 'cha-CHING', the sure cure for a slower car!

Car pulls just like it did when i first put the MSD in......... [img]smile.gif[/img]
                you mean like it did before the plugs melted.....
                www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ian:

you mean like it did before the plugs melted..... </font>[/QUOTE]exactly. im going to take a picture of the plugs i took out.....ill post it in a few minutes.

Comment

Ok, heres what the 5 bosch and 1 ac delco plugs looked like after i took em out:

Spark Plugs

yep, so you can sorta imagine how the car ran.

God bless NGK's! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

holly **** man. the one electron is o=goine on that 3rd plug from the right :eek:

see mine melted the top electronids not the one in the insulation......... lol but yeah it looks like you benn running lean but its just hot spark lol
                      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

So in other words, if you get MSD coils, get TR55 plugs, or else?
                        - Mike<br /><br />Pewter 2001 Pontiac Firebird<br />Bone stock<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nighteye\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/nighteye</a>

Comment

Originally posted by NightEye:
                          So in other words, if you get MSD coils, get TR55 plugs, or else?
                          prolly be a good idea.

i have Accel coils, and the MSD DIS-4, and those bosch's bit it hardcore.

I wouldnt use bosch plugs again, even with a stock ignition.

Comment

holly **** man. the one electron is o=goine on that 3rd plug from the right :eek:
                            actually it looks like 5 copper plugs and one platinum plug. platinum and iridum plugs have very fine tips (i believe this helps with the 'self-cleaning' feature of these long life plugs).

Comment

This happens with only the DIS-4 or even just the Blaster replacement coils?

Dammit, now you got me worried. I just put the coils in and Advance was out of my usual Rapidfires so I put in Bosche Plat's. I haven't noticed anything unusual but it's only been a week.
                              1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                4 hours ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X