Question for all A4 people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for all A4 people...

well, it looks like I'm going to end up getting an automatic for my next f-body (do to stupid-*** reasoing by my dad because I LOVE stick). Anyway, what mods do you guys do to enhance the acceleration on your cars? I know an automatic is going to be way more sluggish compared to an m5 but it's not my choice. I need to learn how to compincate. Also, is there a way to peel out in an A4 (just curious)?
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

look at some of the fastest cars on this site... they are all autos. only time a manual has an advantage is from a roll, and i dont get beat by many like that. :D

new higher stall converter helps autos even more in getting off the line quicker and maintain the RPM band when shifting gears.

Comment

don't hate on the autos

and yes I have peeled out many times, purposefuly and not...
      Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

TTT
        \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

with 'vette servos, shift kits, vette pistons, 9-pack clutch assembly, torque converter and a reverse-manual valvebody will make it VERY fun

Comment

how much will all that crap cost?

Comment

Dude you will love your auto, trust me!
              1996 Camaro RS Bright Red<br />3.8L V6 A4 3.42\'s<br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler<br />Y87 Performance Package

Comment

bad *** ! I'm gonna go test a couple today at comaro king (in Sylmar near Valencia for all you so cal people). www.camaroking.com

Comment

i heard Camaro King wasn't the best place to buy f-bodies? i remember hearing that here on the boards actually, jacked up prices, etc.

btw, autos do majorly rule dude [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  drivetrain loss might be more, but it's much easier with daily driving, and with the mods to the tranny like people listed up above, you're set to beat manuals like nothing.

stock for stock a manual with 3.23s can lose to a camaro with an a4 and 3.08s. why? just because it has a manual doesnt mean it's faster if it has a ****ty driver :D

Comment

Once I got my converter in its a lot more fun to drive. It was fun before, but now its great.
                    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gregmondro:
                      i heard Camaro King wasn't the best place to buy f-bodies? i remember hearing that here on the boards actually, jacked up prices, etc.

btw, autos do majorly rule dude [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      drivetrain loss might be more, but it's much easier with daily driving, and with the mods to the tranny like people listed up above, you're set to beat manuals like nothing.

<hr></blockquote>

no dude, Camaro King has amazing prices. And since I bought this car from him, he's hooking me up real well on this next one

:D

Comment

a '95 T/A with 70k for 10000 is FAR from awesome prices, you see those ALL the time in autotrader for 6-7k... '94 Z28 for 9,950...those are HORRIBLE prices...sounds like he's gonna rip you a new one

Comment

DONT DO IT! Maybe its just me but I would give a kidney for a manual again, especialy in a camaro.

My next one with out a dougt is M6
                          ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

I peel out with my Camaro even when i try not too.

I have some advice for you guys trying to buy a Camaro; for one, don't be in a hurry. Secondly, buy one (if your looking for used) from a non-GM dealer. I bought mine from a Chrysler dealer, that was dying to get it off the lot. It is an SLP RS, 2001, with 34,000 miles. I bought it for 12,500 dollars. I got a killer deal, and they hated me when I left. But I played hardball, and I knew they wanted to sell the car. I told them I was buying a Camaro, but there was no guarantee I was buying it from them. I told them, I know what I can buy this Camaro for, and I know what I am willing to spend. I then told them, I didn't care if I bought it from them or someone else, but I was getting the deal I wanted. They fought with me, but eventually I won. Another good tip is to buy on slow weekdays, like Monday or Tuesday. And don't be afraid to walk out of the dealership. There are a ton of Camaros out there, and alot of great deals to be had. The first dealer I went to laughed in my face with my offer, and I ended up paying less for my 2001 (they were selling a '99), and the 2001 was an SLP RS. Dont EVER be in a hurry to buy a car.

Comment

Auto's are good man. i love mine. i'm gonna get a high stall torque converter and B&M Shift Improver Kit. that should help. i want to do SO much stuff to my car this winter while it's parked. i can't wait to do this stuff. it will be FUN. but A4 Camaro's haul A$$ pretty good. i want a M5 yes but that's cause they are more fun to drive. other then that a auto is good too. still very fun cars. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                              2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X