my car just rolled over to 40k miles... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my car just rolled over to 40k miles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car just rolled over to 40k miles...

is there anything i should do? change any parts? would the 02 sensors still be good?..

i just changed plugs and wires not too long ago so thats out of the way? any fluids i should change? tranny? rearend?
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

your whole car is about to go down the drain. i would just replace everything personally.
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
      your whole car is about to go down the drain. i would just replace everything personally.<hr></blockquote>

WTF?!
      Thats not good advice at all.

Tyler,
      You might want to look into just replacing the plugs and maybe just maybe the wires if you have the $$$ on hand. There is nothing more you need to do other then normal oil changes and maybe start using a Fuel Injector cleaner after every other oil change. Cars start going down hill the second you drive it off the dealers lot. There is no telling when something will go wrong.

Edit: Just saw that you changed you plugs and wires already. Good job.

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: bu-bye ]</p>
      White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

hehe, my bad dude, i thought you knew i'd be joking. well i'm joking. for future reference, when i say something completely extreme, i'm usually joking. my bad.

the reason i said this is because my car has about 65k on it and i have had very few problems and wouldn't think you would have many as well. i had a tranny oil leak, my spark plug wires went out, and i had a bad rotor--this is all over the last 5k of my car. other than that i've been good. i change my oil regularly and just had my tranny fluid changed not too long ago. haven't messed with the fuel filter though, guess i probably should. oh ya, and i changed the spark plugs at some point as well and flushed the radiator...you might want to look into doing that, our radiators can get pretty nasty.

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

LOL ok, I understand you now.
          White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X