Fuel filter was AWFUL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter was AWFUL!

I got my fuel filter and pcv valve replaced today. I would have done it myself but they did it real cheap. He asked me if i had ever changed the filter before and i said no i had only had it for 20,000 miles. It was solid black with gritty stuff all in it. He said it was one of the dirtiest ones he had ever seen. Well after that the car didnt have as many little deadspots and it feels like i got some power back. Car runs alot better. The only bad news was the damn rumbler hit when i pulled up real hard but no damage was done thank God. They all had to come pick up on the sides of my car to get it out. Anyways now i have a complete tuneup with new coils, rapidfire plugs, and msd wires along with what i had done today so i am hoping for better at the track tomorrow night.
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

just a quick lil question what kind of gas do you use.

Comment

I use Shell most of the time but i used wal mart occasionally.
      1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

Comment

well atleast your using decent gas in your car and not that chep stuff at the closest gas station. me personaly I Chevron in my car and nothing else.

Comment

if u think the fuel filter is bad wait until u see the filter that is on your fuel pump. i was shocked that all that dirty is going thur the system.
          2000 FIREBIRD NBM<br />Thanks to:<br />TSP, ZZP, TCI, Comp Cam, Whisper, GM, Lakewood, TrafficJamz Car Audio,HP Tuner, Alterstart, texas drivetrain and performance, BMR<br /><br />1990 BLUE CAMARO RS<br />1980 z28 <br /><br />venom-vi vice president

Comment

But why rapidfire plugs? :D
            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X