Bad fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad fuel pump?

When i am waiting in drive-thru's i tend to notice a humming from the real of my car that will last for a min...than stop...than go another min...than stop

Doesn't seem to do it when cruising or anytime the engine is still cold.
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28<br />1987 Buick Grand National

do you have a quarter tank or less of gas when it does it? low fuel makes the pump work harder
    99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99BlueSuperSix:
      do you have a quarter tank or less of gas when it does it? low fuel makes the pump work harder<hr></blockquote>

well, last night i had a full tank and it did it, i run 91 octaine in it

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: Kidinthehall2001 ]</p>
      1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28<br />1987 Buick Grand National

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> i run 91 octaine <hr></blockquote>

this might not be your problem, but it is good to know anyway. 3800 series II engines are made to run on 87 octane gas; now, if you have knocking problems, the 91 is fine for your car, but if you don't have knock, then 91 octane is highly unnecessary for our engines. even though there is much debate whether or not higher octane is better for our engines or not, bottom line is that as little hp as our engines supply (compared to bigger engines), octane won't really play a part in hp/performance increase--it is merely just to reduce knock.

now, back to your problem: it is possible that the higher octane has something to do with your fuel pump, i don't know, but it's very possible. try the next tank on 87 and see what happens. if it isn't your prob, well, i tried to help :D
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X