Horn Not Honking =[

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn Not Honking =[

My horn isn't honking and its not going off when I turn on my alarm.. My cigar ligher is working, my brake lights and all my other lights are working..

Any ideas? Which fuses do I check? I thought I would check here first before the hanse manual.

the fuse for the horn is either on the drvr side inner panel or under the hood on the drivers side.
    -Steve

Comment

w/o a meter whats a good way to see if its blown?

Comment

you should be able to just look at the fuse and see if the thin metal wire is still connecting the two prongs. If its blow it they will not be connected.
        White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

It couldn't be a blown fuse if your cigar lighter is still working, because the horn and the lighter run off the same fuse.
          Joe<br />1995 3.4 Teal Camaro<br />80 Series Flowmaster<br />B&M Ripper Shifter<br />K&N Air Filter

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95TealCamaro:
            It couldn't be a blown fuse if your cigar lighter is still working, because the horn and the lighter run off the same fuse.<hr></blockquote>

on the 3.8L's i think it is different. Anyone know?

-Steve

Comment

Well i don't know really i'll have to check tomorrow. I'll let you guys know. Everything electricle but the horn works... thank god I have a warranty... this will be like the 6th time its gone in with over 5000$ worth of work done.

Comment

It may be the horn is blown. Mine fried itself under warranty. It would blow it's fuse (fuse located: engine bay, driver' side) everytime I activated the alarm or honked the horn (no sound).

Not to hard to get to though. You have to access the horn from underneath. Unscrew the plastic cover panel and replace horn.
                --Traded In--<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro (RS)<br />3.8L V6 w/4L60E Auto<br />Sport Appearance Package<br />T-Tops - Loaded<br />_ _ _ _ __________________ _ _ _ _ <br /><br />--New--<br />2003 Victory Red S10 Xtreme w/Silver Stripes<br />2.2 L4 w/MW2 5 Speed Manual<br />LS Package

Comment

Camaros don't have two horns like Firebirds?

On my Firebird, the lower pitched horn would sometimes stop working when a water leaked into the front passenger side floor. After drying out, the horn would work again.

The dealer had to disassemble my entire front interior to put a little bit of sealer in the firewall area to fix the leak.
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                  CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                  FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X