manual burn-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual burn-out

does anyone know how to do a badd *** burn out with a manual transmission? i havent tried that ofter but i was just wondering cuzz i know that the e-brake on the car will just lock up the back tires anyway and i dont know if its possible to hold the gas, clutch and brake all at the same time. if you have any ideas im willing to try that anytime.

Hey silverfire, looks like you're new here. Nice to see someone in my area (Tallahassee). I'm always going back and forth to Pensacola, maybe we can meetup someday.

To answer your post, there really isnt an easy way without a line lock for the front wheels. I hear its possible to get em spinning and lightly leftfoot brake, but Ive never attempted it.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

What I have found the easiest (not smartest) way to do a cool burnout with manual is to just dump the clutch and then hit the brake and hold the rpms up around 5000. But I don't recommend that, especially not on a regular basis.
      Andrew

Comment

You guys are making this too complicated.

Just run the rpm to 5000 and drop the clutch. 'Dem tires'll spin all day long. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

make sure you have a new clutch and tires on hand as well
          99 3.8 Camaro (M5) Y87

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Stefan:
            You guys are making this too complicated.

Just run the rpm to 5000 and drop the clutch. 'Dem tires'll spin all day long. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            <hr></blockquote>

Nah, youll move around.

Heres how you do it and what you need:

(2) Balls
            (2) rear tires that arent brand new
            (2) feet
            (2) Bud Lights
            (1) open space
            (1) camera

1. Drink a colbeer to set your mind at ease about what you are about to do.

2. Get in, strap in, and let the car run for a minute or so (so as to make it harder to die)

3. Have your camera man ready. (if youre going to take 5000 miles off of your tires, at least have some cool souvineer!)

4. On level ground, hold revs around 3000-3500 with the car in first and your foot on the clutch.

5. QUICKLY pull your foot on the clutch and push the gas down. Dont rev past 4000 or so, they will smoke just as much at 4 as they will at 5 or 6.

6. As soon as you yank your left foot off of the clutch, put it on the brake just hard enough to keep you from moving. Too hard and you will put unneccesary stress on the rear brakes.

7. Do this for a while...when youre done melting your tires, let off of the brake and push the clutch in.

8. Drink that other beer and congratulate yourself for being a baddass.

If you are really cool (and are in an empty parking lot) right before you do #7, let off of the brake and turn the wheel...keep those tires spinning. Congratulations, you just did your first donut. Drink TWO beers for that!

Enjoy! :D
            <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/adamon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Firechicken</a><br /><b>15.19@91.61</b><br /><i>It Rocks Your Panties</i><p>Daily Driver: <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/pimpnon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1990 Pontiac Trans Sport SE</a><br />Most recent mod: Mounted an Evan on the dashboard.

Comment

its seems eaiser to just do a heel toe teqnique just hold the brake with ur right foot heel and gas it with ur right foot toe dump the cluch like at 4500 and just fan the gas so u dont put too much strain on ur engine i fan it like 3k jto 4k and it will smoke em up bad

Comment

rev to 2k, drop clutch, put foot that was on clutch onto brakes, keep gas floored, it works. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

with open diff:
                  rev to 3k, dump, let one tire light up and hope differential doesn't bust.

with limited slip:
                  rev to 4k, dump, once approaching redline, apply brake with left foot, let it dance around.

enjoy.
                  2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Just FYI: On my 2002, the 0mph rev limiter is 4500RPM.
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X