3.4 Fastchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 Fastchip

I e-mailed Ed Wright last night about a chip for my 94 3.4 m5. this is what he said about it....just thought someone might want some more info on Fastchip......

"Hello,
    Those 3.4L V6 engines normally
    gain 15 to 16 hp at the wheels, and 25
    ft lbs more torque. I also remove the
    top speed limiter, turn the cooling fan
    on sooner to improve cooling, and firm
    up the shifts on the automatic cars.
    That car has a reprogrammable PCM (computer),
    not a chip you can just plug in. The only
    way I can do one is to have the vehicle
    or it's PCM here for the reprogramming.
    If you are too far away to drive here
    (Tulsa, OK) you could pull the PCM and
    ship it to me for reprogramming. I can
    normally turn one around within 48 hrs.
    If you drove here I would do it while
    you wait. The cost would be $300.00, +
    freight if shipping is involved.
    We can also send you an exchange
    PCM (if we havea "core" on hand at the time),
    already reprogrammed for your vehicle. If
    we do that we need a refundable $500.00
    "core charge" until we get your other PCM
    back here to replace the one we sent you.
    We would also need your vehicle's vin, as
    it goes in the PCM. If you used a Visa or
    Mastercard, and got the other PCM back here
    in less than two weeks, to replace the one
    we sent, you wouldn't even see the core
    charge on your bill. If you failed to get
    it back here in two weeks, you would then
    own two PCMs. If interested, please call
    us @ 918-446-3019.

Thanks, Ed"
    <a href=\"http://members.aol.com/gus2816/images/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">R.I.P. 3.4</a><br /><i>97 SS 30th anniversary white with hugger stripes</i>

lol, if i had the money, i would! that seems like a very nice gain for the 3.4
    Black 1995 3.4L V6 \"<b>THE BLACKBIRD</b>\"<br /><b>Performance Mods </b> K&N Fipk, Hypertech Underdrive pullies, Accell Coilpacks, and wires, rapidfire plugs,180 degree thermo, 1LE Tranny Mount, Z28 Catback W/crome tips B&M Ripper shifter<p><b>Appearance mods</b> 2 1/2% Limo tint all around, Blacked out taillights, turn signals, and side markers, red PONTIAC rear Inlay, 98+ style centerplate bird and graphic<p><b>Stereo System</b>Panasonic Cqdf 800u head unit, 2 MTX thunder 280 amps bridged, 2 Cerwin Vega AI 12\'s on the rear deck, 6x9\'s in the rear sail panels, Monsoon Door panels With Memphis Audio 6.5\" Coaxials and tweeters, 1 farad EFX cap.

Comment

Anyone know if this is the "true" gains?

Or like the add for an underdrive pulley in a car magazine that said adds 50% more power to your stock honda motor.

Comment

That sounds pretty good, if it's true.
        Hey GUS let me know how it goes if you get one, I might be interested.

-Chris
        <b>94 Firebird, 3.4 V6, Red, M5</b><br /> SLP CAI, Accel 8mm Superstock Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Borla Exhaust, BMR Strut Tower Brace, 180* Thermostat, B&M Ripper Shifter<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird</a>

Comment

i don't know how accurate those numbers are. some of the guys from BADRAP here in tampa run his chips and they seem to do pretty well.

94Bird: i'm not getting 1 anytime soon, maybe in 3-4 months at the earliest...but if i do ever find time to send my PCM off for it i'll let u guys know the results
          <a href=\"http://members.aol.com/gus2816/images/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">R.I.P. 3.4</a><br /><i>97 SS 30th anniversary white with hugger stripes</i>

Comment

Get a custom reprogram. Tell him what your mods are/will be and he should be able to reprogram to account for those mods. You will be much happier then. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] :D
            FRANKLIN H. <br />1995 Silver Camaro L32 <br />K&N,Flowmaster,HPP,160*,1LE,Zexel-Torsen,ES,BFG,Michelin,Bilstein,Eibach,C5 rims,!CAT,!AC

Comment

ask him if he can change our speedo for gear ratios to that would be nice
              My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

i asked him about the speedo calibration in the e-mail i sent him and he didn't say anything about it in the response so i'm assuming that the pre-made chip for our car doesn't make those changes. but i don't see why it couldn't be done if you get him to make you a custom chip, i think they run about $350....check the site to be sure FastChip [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

how is the reprogramming done? by one of those OBDII programs?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X