Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Service Engine Soon" light

Hi everyone,
    Several days ago the "Service Engine Soon" light came on and I have no idea why. The engine itself seems to be fine from what I can tell... oil is ok, clean air filter, new oil filter, etc... the engine sounds normal.

Anyone got any ideas as to what it might be? Anything I should check for?

Check to make sure your IAT sensor is plugged into the intake and Also chek to see if as cap is on all the way off the top of my head this is all I can think of unless you have headers in that case ethier get a O2 sim or check to make sure yours is working. You can also reset the pcm and make the SES light go away here is a how to.
    http://www.ls1.com/link_ecm.html
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

Just take it to your local Autozone and have them check it for you.

Davy Dave
      94 Camaro AT 3.4L<br />Still working on something worth posting.

Comment

how do you put your gas cap on? a lot of people get this light because of thier gas caps. too loose will throw a code or too tight and cracked will also cause it. i learned this from a gmc truck.
        why is it everybody says go to autozone and my car never reads a code from autozone. are other people able to get codes off an autozone scanner?
        6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

because autozone uses the cheapest scanner to do the free scan and it just reads your car as any gm car.
          99 Dodge Quadcab<br />Traded: 2001 Camaro(will be missed)<p>Be wary of anything that can bleed for 5 days and live....

Comment

when i worked for mazda, i used to love the loose gas-cap customers. i'd get an hour just for tightening their gas cap and making their light go off....
            even better (i'm blabbing dealer tech secrets now) when one of these came in under warranty... cha-ching! mazda bought a lot evap hose and paid a lot of labor time for me to "install it" when a warranty loose gas-cap came in... [img]smile.gif[/img] suckers...
            ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X