My Car is Missing and Service Engine Soon Is Flashing - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Car is Missing and Service Engine Soon Is Flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Car is Missing and Service Engine Soon Is Flashing

Whenever i give it gas it acts like its not getting any fuel or somthing but i replaced the fuel filter and it didnt help.
    1998 3.8 Red Camaro A4<br />Z28 Flowmaster 80 Series Catback,3:08 gears,K&N Filter,Whisperlid Induction,Raised Airbox,

check plugs and wires...

merlin
    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

don't forget to check your coils as well.
      2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

my friend had this happen.. he went in and got a tune-up and everything was fine after that.. tune up's change your plugs/wires (or it should) and generally that's what the problem is because one of your cylinders is misfiring.. so just go get a 150$ tune-up and it should run smoothly after that..

-that's my best guess considering you were talking about the same symptoms my friends car had.. his is a 96
        1994 3.4L Dark Green Camaro - Tan Cloth Interior<br />Mods - Flowmaster, High Flow Cat, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Premium Sound system (2 subs custom box, New 99 Z28 style Rims/Tires, New Clutch<br /> More to come!

Comment

oh by the way.. tune up's do more than just change plugs wires.. i was just stating that only because i think thats where your problem lies
          1994 3.4L Dark Green Camaro - Tan Cloth Interior<br />Mods - Flowmaster, High Flow Cat, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Premium Sound system (2 subs custom box, New 99 Z28 style Rims/Tires, New Clutch<br /> More to come!

Comment

i had same exact problem, changed plugs and wires and it ran like new again [img]smile.gif[/img]

btw, if your working on a 3.8, good luck getting the son-of-a-b*tch plug on the top left side of the engine, (and you cant come at it from the top [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
            1999 3.8L v6 Firebird (Amy)<br />borla cat-back, ws6 ram air hood with airbox sitting in garage, SLP: fan control switch, strut tower brace, subframe connectors, and zexel torsen lsd.<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sibble99fbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sibble99fbird</a>

Comment

check your coil packs they fail alot on our cars
              ordlord11<br />2000 firebird<br />Borla CatBack,Whisperlid,K&N Filter,Rims/Tires,160 degree powerstat, hypertech programmer,Ram Air Hood W/airbox

Comment

yes, it may be your coil packs, go for a tune up, your car will feel refreshed. if you want purchase a MSD, im sure you will feel better response iv seen MSDs for cheap lately.

Comment

98s have a TSB out for faulty plug wires. Depending on the mileage of your car, the dealer should replace the bad wire for free. I've had it happen to me twice so far, and the dealer gave me no troubles changing it for free.
                  Matt
                  1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                  Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Hey u said that dealer replaced them i'm over warranty i got 64 thousand on it.....how many miles did u have on yours?
                    1998 3.8 Red Camaro A4<br />Z28 Flowmaster 80 Series Catback,3:08 gears,K&N Filter,Whisperlid Induction,Raised Airbox,

Comment

I think it goes to 7 years / 70,000 miles.
                      Matt
                      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

it is most definitely your wires. i just went throught the same thing on my car. I talked to one of my dealer friends and he said firebird wires don't last as long as they should because of how hot our engines run
                        the curb that you don\'t see is always the most damaging

Comment

I had a missfire yesterday, when doing a 65-90 pull on the freeway, I figure it was bad gas, cause I just got new plugs and wires. How can I reset the light without a scan tool?
                          Cardomain

Comment

I am gettin the same prob however only when the car is cool, i was thinkin of having the plugs and wires replaced anyway... think i should have coils done too?
                            99 3.8 Camaro (M5) Y87

Comment

also, check the oil?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X