No announcement yet.

the sweet smell of antifreeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wind from the road (and fans) blows antifreeze everywhere. the best way to find a hard to find leak is get the engine hot (drove around for about 15-30 minutes) and park on some ramps (jack stands take too long). open hood. look for steam. crawl under (its going to be hot down there -- be careful) and take a look around. use a flashlight.

Comment

well ive canceled out my heater core cuz theres no smell inside the car and there isnt any sign on antifreeze inside either...now with this elbow wear u leakin it so bad that u were leavn puddles or was it a slow leak?

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

it was a hose that was leakin after all...replaced it this mornin..thanks or the tips guys

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96:
          alright so i just jacked up the car and looked underneath to c what was goin on...my passanger side has got some antifreeze on it...sway bar, tie rod, just in random places but i still cat find out what exactly it is or where its comin from....grrr
          mine was a mystery too. it was leaking out of the coolant fill tube.

Comment

Yeah, don't go throwing around the blown head gaskets. That is the biggest problem I've ever had to deal with on my car, or any that we've ever owned.

It's not that bad to pay for the gaskets and head bolts, just about 120, but when you take the engine apart, it sucks really bad because you have to take so much out to fix it.
            94 Camaro<br />Purple Pearl Metallic<br />V6 Auto

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X