Low oil light on, then goes off after restart! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low oil light on, then goes off after restart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low oil light on, then goes off after restart!

Ok, I just got my car out of the shop for my ignition and now when I turn my car after it has sat for atleast two hours without being on, the low oil light comes on, then I can turn off the car then back on and it goes off. My oil level is full and it does this EVERY time I first start my car after it sits for about 2 or more hours. Anyone have this problem or have an idea? I thought about the Sensor but why would it come on at first and then off when i restart my car.

Please help cuz I don't wanna restart my car everytime I get in and I know if I take it to a shop its gonna cost an arm and a leg. I thought about going ahead and changing ths sensor just incase but I'm gonna ask here first. Also is the starter near the oil level sensor? cuz my car wouldn't start the other day and I had it towed and I figured maybed they bumped it or something when checking the Solenoid on the starter cuz I know its pretty close if not right by the oil pan. Thanks!

BTW, when I leave the light on and drive, it will stay on untill I turn the car off.
    Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

i have the SAME EXACT problem.. but i have a 3.4L. !! Someone help us !
    Black 1995 3.4

Comment

i had the same problem in my v6 all it was was the "oil level sending" unit (located on the side of the oil pan), or maybe she needs some oil?....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X