return of my jumping idle.....part2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• return of my jumping idle.....part2

Well, now it seems like my idle when the car is in drive has gotten worse. I will give everyone a heads up.

I was having a problem with my car when it would be put in drive. My rpm's will jump/dip 100-200 rpm's above and below the solid 800rpm idle I get while the car is in park. I have changed out the IAC valve and ECT sensor. The bad surging has started to happen more and more.

Now after looking over things with my autoxray and taking general visual inspections, There are only a couple of things I saw wrong (which I fixed, but maybe not all of them).

I noticed that my PCV valve wasn't even plunged into the valve cover's gromet. I looked at it (looked fine, little ball shook) and placed it into the gromet so it sits in there nice and tight.

I checked for vaccum hoses on their connectors by feeling around. All lines seem to be on their hoses ok.

Now I was watching the ICA valve and it's "steps" on the autoxray. The autox says it should be at something like 28 or 22 (I can't remember off the top of my head) and mine is always at 40 or more steps. This makes me think the IAC valve needs to be reset, or the pintle needs to be pushed in more to make it 28 steps. When I first put it in, I measured it like the instructions said with a ruler and set the pintle. This was all less than 1000 miles ago.

I have some things that I've printed off of alldata.com and will re-look, re-check everything and see if it is set right.

But, PLEASE, if you have any idea as to why it is doing things, please let me know. I really would hate to take it into the dealer to have them tell me it was something lame to fix.

Thanks,
    Chris

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X