Today I see smoke in the engine bay, and oil all over. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I see smoke in the engine bay, and oil all over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I see smoke in the engine bay, and oil all over.

Today while I was driving I saw the check gages light come on. Then I see smoke coming out of the hood off the engine bay.

I stoped the car and popped my hood, and I see oil all over the place.

What is the problem?

So far you guys have been right on the money with all my problems.

Please help again...

The engine oil cap was shut tight also.

Comment

My oil pressure sensor went once and did the exact same thing you just described. Autozone part # OP25001 and cost's $28.99. Easy to install too.
      If that's not your problem, replace your PCV valve & check your valve covers for leaks.
      sigpic

Comment

x2
        99 WS6
        13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
        tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Thanks alot guys.

Comment

mine did that last saturday... it was the oil sending unit... $63 part, total with labor and all that it was a $103 job. it could also be the oil pressure sensor as mentioned above, or maybe could it be the rear main seal? that was mentioned to me when i asked about my oil leak.
            1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Sweet, oh sorry to hear about oil leak, but nice to know someone else has this issue mine is not as bad (yet) but I did notice smoke coming from under the car and a minor oil leak. I traced the leak back to the pressure sending unit... looks like a cake job but had no part number to reference till now.

Comment

I had an oil sending unit blow on my 96 at an Autocross event. Did you notice the oil gauge plummet?
                Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

Well I had mine replaced at the dealer... what a waste of money but kind of an emergency... a $20 part but i was charged $255 for the job.. should have done it last night instead of pressing it a full day... lessons learned...

Comment

Originally posted by grh_1993_V6:
                    Well I had mine replaced at the dealer... what a waste of money but kind of an emergency... a $20 part but i was charged $255 for the job.. should have done it last night instead of pressing it a full day... lessons learned...
                    Wow. When my serpentine belt flew apart, it took out my oil sending unit. Like hockeyman said, it's only a $30 part, and I bought a gatorback belt for $20. Took me less than 10 minutes to change them out with nothing more than an adjustable wrench. ps- check your belt every 10k miles, so you don't have it tearing on you on the road somewhere and taking out other items under the hood. I was lucky to be only like 1/4 mile from base and one of my friends saw me and helped me get it off the road

Originally posted by Jason McCallister:
                    I had an oil sending unit blow on my 96 at an Autocross event. Did you notice the oil gauge plummet?
                    Actually when mine broke off, it said I had like 120psi. But that could also be because I unhooked the sensor and zip tied the wire to something until I picked up the replacement
                    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman:
                      My oil pressure sensor went once and did the exact same thing you just described. Autozone part # OP25001 and cost's $28.99. Easy to install too.
                      If that's not your problem, replace your PCV valve & check your valve covers for leaks.
                      x3, check that. Should be at the front of your engine. Right next to the oil filter. Good luck. ;)
                      Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

The problem with my car, was that the oil filter was ripped or cut into.

The mechanic was shocked and was asking me "how the hell did this happen"

All he had to do was replace the oil filter, and everything was good to go.

He said I must have probably run over something.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X