Oil Level Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Level Sensor

I did a search and found that a couple other people have had the problem with their low oil light coming on when they start up their car and then when they restart it, it goes off. I think the concensus was that the low oil sensor was the culprit. I want to replace the sensor myself, can anyone tell me how to go about doing this? I don't know much about it.
    1997 Camaro RS, 3800II, Y87, A4, Red, 30th Anniversary, 145k, SLP CAI, Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm wires...

Maybe just try resetting it?
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

How exactly do I do that? Sorry, I've just been getting into this stuff over the past few months.
      1997 Camaro RS, 3800II, Y87, A4, Red, 30th Anniversary, 145k, SLP CAI, Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm wires...

Comment

Open up your fuse box (in the dash) there should be a button to press. Turn your key to "On" and press the button, the light should start to flash. Then depress and hold it again until you hear some beeps, then the light should go off.

I'm not sure if this is just for the "change oil" light or the "low oil" light, but it's worth a try. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

You have to change the sensor, I've done some searching as well, since that light gets annoying, especially right after you've changed the oil and it still comes on. Here's an email from one of the mods I contacted about it:

The oil level sensor is located in the driver's side of the oil pan. If you get under the car and look up at the oil pan, u can't miss it. It's the only electrical sensor of any kind in the oil pan, and the only thing that sticks out of the oil pan besides the drain plug. The GM part number for the 95-02 3.8L VIN "K" is 24507190. The price from gmpartsdirect is $26.44 plus shipping. The price from a dealer is $46.39. Let me know if I can be of any more assisstance.

Aaron Benham

Hope that helps you as much as it helped me
          James
          1995 convertible Firebird 3.8L, Silver w/Black Top<br /><br />Mods: 18x9 Mille Miglia Evo5 wrapped in 245/40/18 Continental ContiExtreme, Power Acoustic Gothic Series 640w amp, 2 10\" Fat Boy Crunch Woofers in custom fit box.

Comment

junkyard part...$5.
            AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

i had it fixed at a dealership under warranty and they wrote it as a $200 job. those fockers! well at least i didnt have to pay.

to reset the change oil light all you do is press the tripometer for 12 seconds straight and it will reset itself. i have never noticed a button in my fusebox, i am going to go look for that right now [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
              6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

I wasn't able to find a button on the fuse box in the dash, maybe only on 98-02 models? Just for grins and giggles I checked the fuse box in the engine bay, no buttons to be found there either. Looks like I'm in to replacing the sensor. Kind of annoying because I just had my oil pan replaced like a year and a half ago because of a leak, wouldn't that include the sensor too? :rolleyes:

Comment

Well, I got out and changed the oil level sensor today and it appears to have solved the problem. Thanks for the help. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X