Smelled something burning from under my hood?! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smelled something burning from under my hood?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelled something burning from under my hood?!

Hey thought i would ask you guys about this one a lil confused my self but anyway i had just came home from driving , not very far, and i had the car running in the garage for about a min or two and when i got out i could smell something burning. i popped by hood and didnt see anything but still smelled it. heres what i think the problem could be 1) i do have an oil leak i need to fix was wondering if it could be that? and 2) the guy who had the car efore had an alarm system but the siren was in the engine and he somehow managed to melt it and i was thinking maybe its meltin again but its plastic and this didnt smell like burning plastic. well those were my two ideas if you guys got any let me know im puzzled

[ June 21, 2003: Message edited by: 96_Fbird ]

[ June 21, 2003: Message edited by: 96_Fbird ]</p>
    - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

probably your oil that is leaking

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TurboKillaZ:
      probably your oil that is leaking<hr></blockquote>That's my guess too.

I have an oil leak from my passenger side valve cover. It traveled down my Y-pipe, and it burns off. Sometimes I see smoke coming out from underneath the car or from the body lines from the hood :(
      --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

i think it s a combination of both cus that siren was melted...bad..but i cut that off and im going to change the oil adn see whats leaking and change that and see what happens
        - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X