Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Code 1133

Hi guys,

My Service Engine light keeps coming on. I went to Autozone they plugged in one of those Actron diagnostic computers to it and it picked up an error code 1133. The diagnostic reset the computer so the light went away for about 40 miles and then came on. Does anyone know what this code means? The tech from Autozone didn't have the code list for it.

I assume you have an F-body of some kind? ;)

-Brian
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Error code 1133 is "HO2S INsufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1"

And check your email I will send you more info on this problem.
      Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

okay so you didnt list a real email address, i have some more info on that error code, if you send me your real email addy ill send it to you, and just so you know, not disclosing your actual email address is enough to get kicked out of this place.
        Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

My email is dekay@attbi.com

I'm assuming I need a new O2 sensor?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by vtv6firebird:
          okay so you didnt list a real email address, i have some more info on that error code, if you send me your real email addy ill send it to you, and just so you know, not disclosing your actual email address is enough to get kicked out of this place.<hr></blockquote>

Comment

By the way, the car is a 1999 Camaro automatic

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dekay:
              My email is dekay@attbi.com
              I'm assuming I need a new O2 sensor?
              <hr></blockquote>

not necessarily. for instance, there could be a problem with the circuit for that sensor instead of the sensor itself. usually insufficient switching does indicate a bad sensor though.

but let me emphasize the importance of accurate and thorough diagnosis, rather than throwing a part at a problem. AZ scans codes for free because they know that when they tell you the description of the code they exponentially increase their chances of selling you the part that the code refers to; often however, the code is caused by a problem with the circuitry for that sensor or a related system, not the sensor itself. the pcm has no way of knowing what part of the circuit the fault is in, it just sees a value for a particular sensor that is out of the range that was programmed to be "acceptable."
              ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Ok, so what should I do? Should I take it to a repair shop and let them figure it out?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strange_trp:

not necessarily. for instance, there could be a problem with the circuit for that sensor instead of the sensor itself. usually insufficient switching does indicate a bad sensor though.

but let me emphasize the importance of accurate and thorough diagnosis, rather than throwing a part at a problem. AZ scans codes for free because they know that when they tell you the description of the code they exponentially increase their chances of selling you the part that the code refers to; often however, the code is caused by a problem with the circuitry for that sensor or a related system, not the sensor itself. the pcm has no way of knowing what part of the circuit the fault is in, it just sees a value for a particular sensor that is out of the range that was programmed to be "acceptable."
                <hr></blockquote>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X