Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smog

Hey Guys,
    It's the time for me to have my first smog test. Judging from the mods I have in my sig....will I pass the smog test legitly? I'm thinking I will but I'm kinda doubting my cat.
    Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

I forget the brand name, but at Pep Boys they sell a "fuel system cleaner" that basically guarantees you'll pass smog. You add it a full tank of gas, and get and car smogged after you've burnt up all the gas.

With it my camaro passed smog, and it had a bad Cat at the time.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/edogg_127\" target=\"_blank\">1999 red 38000 Camaro</a><br />Leaking rear main seal (not really a mod though)

Comment

I see. Anyone else have any opinions about my setup? or the brand name of that system cleaner?
      Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Comment

I think seafoam is suppose to help with emissions.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

should i still try to get my smog legitly? i mean coz its way cheaper if i pass. should i take that risk w/ my mods?

Comment

I stopped by the smog shop. they scanned my codes and they said something was wrong w/ my catalytic system. is there anythinhg that I can do? are there any smog shops in the San Jose area that can help me out?

Comment

Sea Foam would help but the product you are thinking of is Grease Lighting Fuel System Cleaner... dont know if it works but thats the claim...
              99 3.8 Camaro (M5) Y87

Comment

Just passed my Emissions this morning in MD. All they did is just scan the codes. Also, they took off my gas cap and hooked it up to some tube. What is that supposed to do?
                2001 Camaro A4<br />Maroon Metallic <br />Y87,Monsoon 500w,TTops<br />Appearance: Silver ZR1s w/ 275\'s<br />Intake: !Air Silencer, FRA Mod, k&n<br />Exhaust: 3\'\' Cat, 3\'\' B&B TriFlo<br />Misc: SLP Fan Switch, 1LE Boxed LCAs <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mshapiro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/mshapiro</a>

Comment

"Also, they took off my gas cap and hooked it up to some tube. What is that supposed to do?"

Gas tanks used to vent fumes to the air. Now they send them back to the engine. They're testing that you're not venting gas fumes to the air.

There's a safety valve if the pressure gets too big.
                  2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X