Replacing alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing alternator

How hard is it to replace an alternator on our cars?

Thanks in advance
    Mods:<br />Whisper lid, free ram air, high flow cat, 3\" catback, flowmaster 80 series, 160* thermo, Jet stage II, 18\" Breyton rims on 245 kuhmos

It's not that hard. I just did it yesterday. There's three bolts that hold the alternator (2 infront & 1 on the back--also you'll need to loosen the bracket that holds it in place, it's further back in the engine bay. Disconnet the (-) battery cable, loosen the alternator, disconect the alternator cable (looks like a spark plug wire) and then there's the connection that just snaps in (be careful with that one because the wire on it is real thin). And don't forget to take the belt off the accesories--there's a tensioner pulley right below the alternator, turn it to your left and you can start to see the belt coming loose. For the bolts you'll need 13mm & 10mm if you have both sockets & wrenches it'll help alot.Hope this helps.
    1997 Red M5 3.8, 3.23 Gears<br /><b>Performance Mods:</b><br />SLP CAI, RKSport Headers, 3\" Catco Cat, 3\" Cut-Out, SLP S-Pipe, 3\"I-Pipe & over-axle (Custom from shop), Hooker Headers Muffler, Hooker Header Tips.<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/redrider45\" target=\"_blank\"><b>My Ride</b></a>

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Just got done and everything went perfect. Very easy job.
      Mods:<br />Whisper lid, free ram air, high flow cat, 3\" catback, flowmaster 80 series, 160* thermo, Jet stage II, 18\" Breyton rims on 245 kuhmos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X